OCZ offeres new SSD that is twice as fast as its Vertex4

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Stopped in at the OCZ meeting room at the Venetian today to speak with them about their SSD and was introduced to a new direct access drive card. Is a card that uses twin controllers that connect directly to the PCIe bus. Offers twice the speed of the Vertex 4 series SSD. I use three of the Vertex 4 drives in my 3D editing system.

The Vertex4 can feed 3D video to my graphics card in single timeline playback. With the new PCIe board and drive, I should be able to feed two 3D clips and transition with some effect, play in real time.

http://www.oczenterprise.com/news/ocz-to-unveil-pcie-based-vector-ssd-series-at-ces-2013.html

I have a hard time believing OCZ makes anything of quality after all the bad memory I bought from them. They never could get that right and quit making it. That said, I do have two OCZ SSDs in my computer and have had zero problems so far. But the unending problems I had for years with their ram soured me on OCZ.

I have 4 OCZ SSDs and haven't had any problems. Maybe it's the new error correction refresh built into win7 that helps these days. I can't recall the name of it. I have two 256 GB vertex 4s for video projects, one vertex 4 for my c drive, and one with a backup of the c drive to swap out if there are problems. I'm prepared for disaster, I hope, but in the last year things have worked fine.

Based on my experiences with their products and what I've read on the 'net, OCZ is doing SSDs right.
J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)