odd 002 error on ViP722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Clear sky. Radar map shows no clouds. Main ViP722 in LR pops up with Signal Lost 002 error. But I can see the program behind it is still running just fine. Hitting select or cancel just makes the dialog box blink. Pressing Guide, however, makes it disappear.

I don't recall this kind of behavior before. Is this normal?

BTW, upstairs ViP722, the one with the dead fan, on the same channel, does not get a Signal Lost error at all.

Does that receiver have an OTA tuner and locals added to the guide? If so, try disconnecting the OTA module and see if it goes away. If so, it might be as simple as deleting all locals, reboot, then add the locals again, or you have a marginal signal on a local. Or, it could indicate a bad OTA tuner.

If you have a OTA antenna hooked up, tune to known strong OTA channel and then back to what you had previously on. This is a known bug since a long time and DISH will never fix that.

Both have OTA built in yet only one is doing it. But I'll try the suggestion, after my wife is done watching The Hunger Games on DVR. I've got time. Probably 3 more hours till the smoked pork is done.

Actually, we don't watch OTA on either anymore, since ER & DH went away.

Actually, we don't watch OTA on either anymore, since ER & DH went away.
It doesn't matter what you watch. The OTA tuner was tuned to a weak/intermittent channel for some reason at some point. Somebody could've done it by accident while cruising the EPG. Or, maybe the OTA cable going to that DVR has an issue of some kind.

It's just a stupid bug that used to drive me crazy when I had a 722k. Why they never fixed it is anybody's guess.

It doesn't matter what you watch. The OTA tuner was tuned to a weak/intermittent channel for some reason at some point. Somebody could've done it by accident while cruising the EPG. Or, maybe the OTA cable going to that DVR has an issue of some kind.

It's just a stupid bug that used to drive me crazy when I had a 722k. Why they never fixed it is anybody's guess.

I remember now. You're right, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts