Odd 622 behavior

jrchip01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Virginia
Twice in the last week my 622 running L627 has displayed odd behavior. On both occasions, a program was in the process of recording with the TV set off. When I turned on the TV, the program that was recording did not display audio or video but did display closed caption info. Program guide was available as was the DVR menu. However, I could not select either a live program or anything previously recorded - the CC from the original program continued to be displayed. After reboot, the program that was being recorded was available with no glitches and all other behavior returned to normal. Anyone else seen anything similar? I hope this isn't a precursor to hard disk failure.

No it is not a hard drive problem, It is a miscellaneous software glitch. I have seen similar problems on my 625 and 722k. Some versions of the software cause some receivers to act up (despite what Dish says not all receivers are created equal). A good example of this is when I first started if you hooked certain 322s up to certain TVs the picture would be in black and white, if you hooked that same 322 up to a different TV or a different 322 up to the TV the picture would be in color. Dish eventually fixed it with a software update so the problem was at least partly software related but the fact that it only affected some receivers tells me that it was also partly hardware related, probably having something to do with manufacturing tolerances (the fact that some receivers were made in china probably did not help that). There are other examples of this but bottom line, some receiver act goofy with some software versions and you'll just have to put up with it until dish releases the patch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)