Odd 622 Remore Control question

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Hi,

I'm having Dish network with a 622 receiver installed tomorrow. The receiver is to be connected to an HDTV in the living room. The second tuner within the receiver in going to operate an SD TV a couple of rooms away.
How the does remote control work on that SDTV if the 622 receiver is a few rooms away?

Thanks,
Dave

It comes with two remotes, the first is for TV1, and is an IR remote, the second is for TV2 is and is a UHF remote, which works through walls, floors, etc.

I have a question about these 622 remotes. I have my system set up in single mode and am only using one of the remotes. Is there a way to set the UHF remote as the main (TV1) remote? I would like to use that one instead of the IR but it seems to not respond while in single mode. I tried to find this in the manual but must have missed it...

Ahh, I got it after reading a little more in the manual. I had to confirm the remote 2 address in the system info screen. The 622 defaults to address 1 but the remote was on address 6. Now it works like a charm.

So would an address 1 for UHF on a ViP622 conflict with address 1 on a 721? My neighbor and I both have 721s, I had to reassign mine to 12 when he got his. Now I wonder if I should start off with a different address.

Thanks. I'll remember to tell the installer right off to use a different address.