Odd 722 Internet Issue

Cabby

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 2, 2006
Had a weird thing happen last night on my home network...

Every device on my LAN lost internet connection and LAN connection for that matter. Couldn't even ping the gateway router across the LAN.

After many hours and testing and swapping cables and equipment, I determined that if my 722 is plugged into the switch, it kills all my LAN and Internet traffic.

I eventually had everything plugged in, put all the original network equipment back in place and everything works fine IF the 722 is NOT plugged into the switch. If I plug it in, everything dies again.

Very strange.... thoughts?

I had to disconnect mine. I always had to reset my router, on average, every three days when I had it hooked up. Without it hooked up, I have yet the need to reset the router. Whatever it does, it screws up my internet. With the box connected, whats the point anyWAY? It doesn't do anything.

I had to disconnect mine. I always had to reset my router, on average, every three days when I had it hooked up. Without it hooked up, I have yet the need to reset the router. Whatever it does, it screws up my internet. With the box connected, whats the point anyWAY? It doesn't do anything.

What symptoms did you have besides the loss of Internet?

Please post the type and brand of routers you're using so we can narrow the problem. I have a D-Link Wireless Router D-624 connected to the 722 and so far I haven't noticed any problems.

It only just started happening after several weeks, I dont think the router is the problem. I've reset the 722 a few times since then, so will try it again when my new switch comes in tomorrow.

It only just started happening after several weeks, I dont think the router is the problem. I've reset the 722 a few times since then, so will try it again when my new switch comes in tomorrow.

Do you use static IP addresses in your network? If so, are those addresses excluded from the DHCP address range issued by the router?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)