Dishonline active on 622

David

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Turned on my 622 this morning and there is an active menu choice for Dishonline. Played with it for only a few minutes, but it shows a menu of over 100 movies available for 24 hour viewing, at least on of them for $2.99. Was surprised to see this appear today without reading anything about it in the forums...

I also have DishONLINE active on my 622s. I was upgraded to L446. David, I assume that is your software version as well?

Oh, and there is a separate adult section with a bunch of movies, but they are pretty expensive $11.99!

Still on 445, is there a way to force the new software?

I figured that question was coming soon :) No, there is no way to "force a download". However, if your receiver has been targed then put both tuner 1 and tuner 2 in standby (and make sure nothing is recording) and the download will start in about 30 seconds. Until the receiver is targeted you can't do anything to get it.

Still have L445 on mine at home.

I am trying the PIP Trick to try forcing it, since it appears this should be going out to all.

To do the PIP Trick, turn on the 622, press PIP
Then Press Swap
Then press PIP until the pip window is off.
Then turn the receiver off

This "wakes up" the second tuner and hopefully makes the receiver download the new software.

My 622 was still on L445 this morning also. Perhaps this update is only going to those 622s that are connected to a network. Isn't the VOD distributed by broadband?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)