Odd 722K issue

tdiwrench

Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Milkyway
Have had a 722K for a couple of years. Has been flawless up until recently. One of the LNB's took on water. Cleared the water out - sealed it up and all was good for about 7 months

Shortly there after (few months) lost signal again. No water was apparent in the LNB - removed the Diplexer and used a barrel and got signal back. So I replaced the Diplexer

A month or so later same issue - Figured the Diplexer failed again - Replaced it - issue continued. Decided the LNB was going out so I replaced it with a new one - same issue

The issue - in the morning the 722 says no signal - If I power cycle the receiver it comes back up as no signal - if I leave it alone it will come back up around 10am - If I disconnect the LNB lead from the diplexer it will come back immediately

I probably need to do a little aiming tweak as I am only seeing about a signal strength of 70 (used to be much higher)

I am using a 1000.4 Western Arc Dish/LNB looking at 110/119/129?
RG6 cables with rubber o-rings on the f-connectors

Other than re-aiming the dish not sure where else to look

Sounds to me like a problem(s) in the cable and or connections.

Sounds to me like a problem(s) in the cable and or connections.
Agree water in the LNB was probably the first symptom of degredation. The cable carries "18V" of DC power so water ingress causes corrosion. Years ago both DISH and Directv prohibited installers from using anything except compression fittings. O rings did not stop water ingress. Water can run down the inside of coaxial cable and ruin many feet of cable, replace your cable from the grounding block to the LNB and any switches/connectors in that length of cable.

Just to clarify for future readers - I used compression fittings that had rubber O-rings to seal against the insulation (outer) of the RG6 and also on the inside to seal against the actual connection block of the LNB and also SW21.

In my case the center conductor on both sides for both cables where clean and shiny - further trouble shooting I found if I disconnected the satellite feed from the diplexer late at night the TV would be working in the morning. Right after reconnecting the Satellite feed the signal strength per the 722 was reading 100 to 110

At the end of the day the signal would be in the 70's

I replaced the SW21 switch and have not had any further issues since

I agree, it seems you have hardware/equipment or physical connections degrading. Your problem seems more complex than the one I had with my 722K but you might just try disconnecting your OTA antenna from the locals module and see what happens with the signal. Odd as it seems, an unstable OTA signal will cause the receiver to default to a "loss of signal" screen for all channels, both local and Dish channels. See this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/help-with-722k-signal-loss.345645/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)