Odd new symbols in guide...

I would expect it to get the proper attention if a DIRT member reported it even if he couldn't duplicate it.
My response was mostly in jest ! On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if regular phone support would a) tell the user to reboot the receiver, b) replace the receiver as it's broken, etc, etc ! :D

It's shows on all Hoppers with PTAT enabled. I'm trying to get clarification as to if this is normal (maybe it saves that tuner to get ready for PTAT)

I can't see this as the cause. Were this the case, you'd still be able to set a timer for that slot which, would use a different tuner. This is affirmed by the fact you can manually record the affected channel manually. Additionally, the issue only impacts 1 of the 4 PTAT channels.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Just a final point on the thread, my previous mention of seeing this aberration for a "paid program" was correct and I now know that it is indeed in the same time slot on the same network - ABC weekend programming.

It appears on the first PTAT channel in the guide and just indicates a tuner is going to record [PTAT] and the color indicates whicn tuner. It additionally shows that a third tuner scheduled in that time period is going to have a conflict due to overlap. PTAT has priority for the tuner if enabled. I think that it is a logical addition.

It appears on the first PTAT channel in the guide and just indicates a tuner is going to record [PTAT] and the color indicates whicn tuner. It additionally shows that a third tuner scheduled in that time period is going to have a conflict due to overlap. PTAT has priority for the tuner if enabled. I think that it is a logical addition.

Not quite right. First, if you read the entire thread or explore for yourself you'll find there is no conflict rather, it only appears to be. Secondly, the indicated program is never recorded. Thirdly, the indication is fluid in that it will move to each network in alphabetical order as indicated networks are disabled individually in PTAT. And last, no such "ghost" conflict was present using PTAT prior to the S234 software.

This is a glitch that needs to be resolved in order that the affected program can be scheduled for recording because as of now, it cannot.

I just got my Hopper w/Sling Friday and noticed this symbol in the guide also. But it isn't in the broadcast channels, it is in some random spots on different channels in the guide.

It doesn't seem to mean anything that makes sense as where I've noticed it is on shows and channels I almost never watch, and certainly not on any that I have selected or watched since this very new install.

I just got my Hopper w/Sling Friday and noticed this symbol in the guide also. But it isn't in the broadcast channels, it is in some random spots on different channels in the guide.

It doesn't seem to mean anything that makes sense as where I've noticed it is on shows and channels I almost never watch, and certainly not on any that I have selected or watched since this very new install.

Those are probably the blue, green, Purple tuner indicators. When you set a timer, there will be a colored circle in the guide to indicate that the timer is set and the tuner its set on.

If that were true, then it would show on a channel that had either been selected at some recent point or was scheduled to record I would think. In the case I'm seeing, it is randomly appearing on something and usually not anything that I would watch/record, and seldom on a channel I watch much at all. For instance, one I saw last night was on a channel I know I haven't tuned to since the install, not even by accident while fiddling.

If that were true, then it would show on a channel that had either been selected at some recent point or was scheduled to record I would think. In the case I'm seeing, it is randomly appearing on something and usually not anything that I would watch/record, and seldom on a channel I watch much at all. For instance, one I saw last night was on a channel I know I haven't tuned to since the install, not even by accident while fiddling.

Can you post a clear picture of the icon?

I ran across that same icon. When I turned off PTAT it want away. My service is still so new I don't have many timers setup, and I checked them all and couldn't understand why it was wanting to record that particular show. Once I turned off PTAT it went away. Now, it doesn't look like it is recording that show as part of PTAT either.

Maybe a bug?

So that icon represents a Series Timer.

But here's the funny thing. I saw that same icon, and I looked through all my timers, which I don't have many yet, and the show that that icon shows on I do not have a timer set for it. Once I turned off PTAT the icon went away. Onc I turned PTAT back on, the icon came back, but still didn't have a series timer set for that recording.

meaning the icon showed up on mine the 30 min block before PTAT starts on only one show.

Hopper with Sling first impressions

Top Ten Hopper Wish list for 2013

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)