Odd Pansat Behavior

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pgrinolds

Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
My set up:
Pansat 250, 90cm Motorized Fortec Star, Invacom Qph031. Located in Minneapolis Mn. I surf the usual variety of English speaking channels on the Ku band.

Everything had been working fine until the other day, when I wanted to watch “Leave it to Beaver” and had no signal. I went through my usual checklist:

Antenna set up Osd: Check
Dish moves when asked: Check
Dish moves manually at the motor with buttons? Yes
Did the wind inadvertently move the dish?: No, witness marks still aligned.
Did elevation change for some reason? No
Factory reset
Reloaded Bin file

I scanned 101w but the channel list shows channels from 97w. I then scanned 105w and the channel list shows channels from 101w. I scanned my due south 93ww and got the channel from 89w. Hmm 4 degrees off every time I scan. I’m happy I have TV but something is wrong. Odd thing is I have a Pansat 3500 SD that exhibited the same behavior a few months ago. I figured it was the receiver and replaced the 3500 with the 250.
Does this sound like receiver coincidence? or motor issues?
Thanks,

Sounds like the motor if more than one receiver is doing it. Or could your longitude setting be off, in the motor setup of receiver?
If its not the motor settings , I believe I would look at twisting the dish/motor on the pole just a bit until you're getting the right satellite again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can anyone ID this dish?

I just realized - Who does this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts