I just realized - Who does this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I just realized that if I replaced my single output C band LNBF currently on my 6' dish aimed at AMC18 for HITS with a dual output C band LNBF I could have one output going to the DSR410 receiver and the other output to a diseqc switch going to the Openbox S9 receiver for the NBC and new HD (cars, comedy, etc) programming.

Who currently is doing this?

I've got my 10ft Winegard dish that use to have my 920 connected to it with twin leads still in use. I've got a Diseq switch that my AZBox controlls that runs both C and Ku from Diseq1 and 2, ie, all my Cband stuff is Diseq 1 and all Ku stuff is Diseq 2. In your case all you'd have to do is connect the Ku coax to your Openbox for Ku only use and leave the Cband coax connected to a 410. NO DISEQ NEEDED if you're going to use that Openbox for Ku only.

Actually AMC18 is a C band only satellite and the second output would provide the NBC channels at 3780H and the HD channels at 3920V.

I've had a digital and analog receiver at 99W for a long time. Multiswitches are handy :)

Could even have 3 different model receivers at 91W if you wanted
-digital DVB
-digital DCII (there are some freebies there)
-analog for Classic Arts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)