Odd question about old equipment.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Hello.

I'm looking for a X-mas gift for my parents. They currently are dish network customers and have old equipment. A 3000 and a 4900 receiver. I am looking to update their equipment. Other than the 508 what other receivers are ther that do not have DVR fees with them? And when would one find one. New old stock or refurbished.. Either that model or a newer version?? I personally have a 508 as a second one in my hose and have had it for years and it has never failed.. P.S. they do not have a HD TV so anything fancy is out of the question. Thanks for reading....:)

The 501 does not have dvr fees as well. Try TheDishStore.net (see link at top of page) or e-bay, just make sure it is an owned unit and no balance is attached to it. Ask seller for R00 and S00 #'s and check them with Dish before buying. I don't think you will be able to buy them anywhere else.

ViP211 with External Hard Drive does not have a DVR fee. I love mine, I can record OTA AND satellite at the same time while I watch a pre-recorded show - very nice.

ViP211 with External Hard Drive does not have a DVR fee. I love mine, I can record OTA AND satellite at the same time while I watch a pre-recorded show - very nice.

Lets see, 508 = No DVR fee 211 + cost of external Hard Drive + $39.00 activation fee + additional $7 for Vip additional receiver fee over $5 for 508 + $7 hd enabling fee. You have son paying $48 more for a receiver not counting the upgrade fee that his parents probably won't use to it's fullest anyway. Nice.

Like Garys said I need it to be simple and cheap! My parents are older they are lucky they can turn the tv and sish on with the same remote I programmed for them. LOL. But seriousy I looked at the link at the top the dish store no dice. Anyone else have anywhere to find a 508 or 501 reman/refurbished?

I would suggest a DVR 625 dual tuner receiver to replace both old receivers. The 625 does have a $5.98 DVR fee but if connected to a phone line it dosen't have the second receiver fee so it would only cost .98 per month over the current bill, and would provide DVR features at both locations.

On a non dvr receiver would a 333 work on an old legacy dish that's not a dish500/dish pro system? I was looking around and though that a dual tuner would be a nice option for them as well they have multiple tv's in the house and only 2 single tuner receivers.. Just looking for that input as well.

The 721 also does not have a DVR fee. Be sure you don't buy one. They've been pulled from service.

I just took Dish up on an offer to upgrade an old model 2800 receiver to a VIP612 DVR receiver. According to Dish, there are absolutely no up front fees, no activation fees, and my monthly cost for my service will not change. Only "gotcha" is that we had to agree to keep Dish for another 24 months.

I don't know if this offer is generally available, we are near the end of our prior agreement and it may have been offered to me for that reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts