Problems With My Dish DVR

NeedHelpPlz

Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
When I try to record all episodes of a specific show, it only records the episode that I selected when attempting to record all episodes. I really need help with this. If it helps, I have a DVR-625.

First off :welcome

if it's the same as the 622, ALL is all episodes on that channel (except rebroadcasts of the same episode) . So are you thinking episodes on other channels ?
In which case i think (never used it) you will need to use dishpass to get all episodes regardless of channel.

If you look at the timers page and select the timer for this show it should show you a list of all the events (episodes) it see's in your guide.

Hope this helps a little ;) but someone with a 625 may be able to give you better advice.

No I mean there are multiple recordings of the same show, but different episodes on one individual channel. When it says "Searching for similar recordings" it doesn't do anything. I have to record all episodes again and again where I would usually just record every episode on that channel.

My 625 didn't do that the last time I checked. When we select a series, the guide data is supposed to have a bit set for "series", and the recording is automatically set to "all" rather than "once." Are you noticing whether it's actually setting itself to "once" for your series? If so, then it's a guide problem and recording another series (on another channel?) might work as expected.

The problem I've often had is the reverse of yours! When I try to record "all" of a series such as Spongebob Squarepants or Curious George, where the guide data is populated with generic info, rather than info specific to a channel, then I literally get recordings of every instance of the same program, often 2-8X on the same day. "All" is supposed to check what you have already recorded and avoid recording the same show over and over. Guide problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)