Odd remote and TV issues!

Dishtraveler

Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
West
I have a 722k vip hooked through hdmi to a tv. Every once in a while, the receiver will no longer respond to remote commands such as viewing the guide. The only way I can get the remote to work again.... is to turn off the tv and turn it back on. The remote then works like normal. This never happened until I started using a new tv and the hdmi setup. It worked like normal on previous non-hdmi tv. I don't know if this is just a coincidence that it happened with the new tv and is actually a bad remote, or if it is actually related to the tv and/or hdmi cable itself.

Thanks for any and all help.

I have a 722k vip hooked through hdmi to a tv. Every once in a while, the receiver will no longer respond to remote commands such as viewing the guide. The only way I can get the remote to work again.... is to turn off the tv and turn it back on. The remote then works like normal. This never happened until I started using a new tv and the hdmi setup. It worked like normal on previous non-hdmi tv. I don't know if this is just a coincidence that it happened with the new tv and is actually a bad remote, or if it is actually related to the tv and/or hdmi cable itself.

Thanks for any and all help.

I would try a UHF remote for TV1. That's an odd situation but it sounds like possible IR interference to me.

What brand is the TV? Sounds like the ambient light sensor is causing issues.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Thanks for the replies.

Brand is Samsung. I'll try to mess with the ambient sensor next chance I get, hopefully its that simple!

I see IR interference on the 722k happen quite often. Usually when I run into it I almost immediately send out a UHF remote to replace the IR only.

When the remote stops working before you turn off the TV, walk up to receiver with the remote and put it 2 inches away from the receiver and hit a button, if it works fine than you are getting IR interference. I can help you get a replacement remote as well, just send me a private message with the phone number on the account and I can further assist you with the replacement if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)