Off Air almost everynight

kenny9966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Stillwater Oklahoma
I know they show the off air message on channels when there messing with transponders/moving channels but it has been happening every night and alot of channels have been off air almost every night for 3 nights in a row. Whats goin on?

Nickelodeon and some others are offair and 204 is completely not on my guide right now. This is new for today, was up last night.

Strange..

--Droo, @Network

Looks like 204 Court TV, which was showing Biography (?) has been taken down.

I don't remember seeing the ION channel before. But then I usually avoid the Informercial Channels, like R&R, and the rest.

Thats been happening for atleast the last week, lotsa channels off air, though some have programming on them still, its very confusing!

yeah, it kinda sucks. I work evenings so when I get home and want to watch tv, most of the channels are "off air". Sometimes there are still programs on, but they freeze up, shut off, ect. But it seems like lately there are a TON of channels Off Air every night.

im pretty much the same way bird. Work till late at night and come home to off air or glitching out on a ton of channels. Im sure its just temporary but its taken forever.

I will be glad when the most of it is over.

Makes me want to go out and buy a TV Guide. Working late nights and trying to see what's on TV isn't great with OFF AIR on the listings. You'd think with millions of dollars of technology that we'd not even have too see an OFF AIR message.

seeing the other posts here has told me echo's 119 sat hasn't been glitching.

I don't know what the deal is with "off air" other than I"m guessing it's another messup of the firmware (l413 for my 625). I only got half my DVR recording that I recorded from 3-3:30 AM EST and corresponding to my first "off air" tonight, I got a "LNB problem - check details!" and saw there was some drift issue reported.

I'm not sure if it's glitching or not. I do know that we weren't off-air (in the guide) the other night and 119 TP8 was DEAD for a good several hours. TNT and other channels on the same TP were no signal.. It was in the early morning hours.

I thought maybe something blew.

--Droo, @Network

Has anyone called Dish Network and tried to get credited for the time of Off-air?

I'm just curious if it'd work.

--Droo, @Network

Hopefully since they added court tv back(which might of been one of many reasons but 5 nights?) the off air should stop for awhile. If it continues i mite call a csr and complain. Ive had aep forever and been a sub for 8 years so i hope im one of those 5 star customers by now. If it continues ill call and let yall know. then again it could of been turner messin around tryin to get court tv back who knows.

They are upgrading and doing maintenance to their encoders.

Nothing to worry about all will be normal soon. And who knows the PQ might look better too. :D

They are upgrading and doing maintenance to their encoders.

Nothing to worry about all will be normal soon. And who knows the PQ might look better too. :D

I think DISH should replace "off air" with "maintenance" in the guide so we DISH customers don't think it's another company screwup.

as for PQ, increase the bitrate per channel and the PQ will improve. I think it's fine with my favs (MTV, History, DISC, TLC) but with ESPN/ESPN2 it could use more since it's artifact city (lines on the courts, for instance) during a basketball game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)