SuperDish 129 Re-point Kit

craigb23

Original poster
May 9, 2006
Has there been any word as to the availability of the re-point kit for 121 Superdish? I have been holding off on upgrading to high-def in hopes that the re-point kit will be available. I am really not wanting to install another dish, and from what I understand, I can't put a Dish 1000 on a Superdish mast.

Craigb23,

If you are wanting to use the superdish for 129 only, it doesn't need a kit. Just aim towards the 129 with one of the 2 "regular" LNBs; and use a regular Dish 500 for the other satellites.

If you are wanting to update the superdish into a Dish 1000 (110,119,129), there were some posts early on about modifying it to serve as a Dish 1000+ (110,118fss,119, 129) but it seems the concept fell to the curb.

If you are adventurous, you could graft a Dish 1000 "W" bracket to the superdish arm (keeping the focal length correct) and that would create a large Dish 1000, bigger than the "new and improved" 1000.2.

I believe there are adapters that allow the mouting of a conventional 1-5/8" mount dishes (Dish 500 or Dish 1000) on the superdish post. That would be easier than fabricating your own Superdish 1000.

Miner

I have seen more than few posts recently about people having issues with 129, is this common? I have had HD from Dish now for about 3 weeks and haven't had any drops on any channels from 129. I have a single Dish 1000 that gets 110, 119, and 129. My locals are feed from 129 as well.

Yep, I check the DishStore and Sadoun every couple of days looking for the Repoint Kits. :D

May have to either cut back on some programming, or just drop my two accounts.
Maybe I'll ask Dish for 2 free, shipping paid, Dish 1000+. :D

On your question about the 129 having problems. A lot of people have been reporting problems, but I think it is a whole lot less since they shuffled the programming around on the various transponders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)