OFF Air in guide is wrong, how long to update?

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
Several locals were off the air after one of their towers fell, but one of them came back on 48 hours ago. Even though I have reloaded the program guide by doing a check switch, the guide still says OFF AIR for this one and no timers will fire because it does not know the name of the shows. Another station that was off only 3 hours because of this, is fine. This station with the problem was off for 36 hours and the other will be off days more.

Is there a certain time that this will come back, or is this simply because we made Dish aware of the problem and have to notify them that we are on? It would be simple if they used PSIP if there was nothing else, since we do broadcase it on the analog and digital, and both are affected.

The channel I am refering to is ON THE AIR. 22.0, 22.1, they are on the air and 28.1 came on at the same time, although 28.0 was only off a short time. Both of the 28's show guide info. 22.0 and 22.1 came on at the same time as they are in the same transmitter building and all had power restored at the same time, Monday.

Go into the local off-air channel setup, delete all the channels, and re-scan for them.

I already did that, TWICE. :mad: (722, 511? , 311)

Later: I see there is a guide at 10pm. That is 48hrs from coming on the air. WBRE-DT came on around 8pm Monday, and it was 48 hrs later when I looked and saw it. I know that one was not there this morning, so it looks like 48 hrs is the magic number!

All is fine.. Now to remember to rescan when the affected DT's come back.

Later: Wrong
The 10pm listings disappeared after a few minutes and now the first listings are 6pm tonight. It'll be interesting to see if they are still there tonight..... I know we are sending program info.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)