Off Set Dish Settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kackarot

Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
I have noticed that some satellites from around my apartment complex are facing right into the buildings, and I had no clue how that are getting signal. I looked up and found some websites where this is maybe possible to set up off set dish parameters. I would need do this due to me not having direct vision to any Directv Satellites. Is this even possible? I have just a regular LNB Slimline if that helps. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys Kackarot!

The signals come from the satellites at an angle higher than you may think. If you draw a line into the dish with the arm holding the lnb and then off the dish at the opposite angle, that's about the line of sight you need.

If you have a smart phone, download Satellite AR. It's a free app that does a good job of showing you where the satellites are located. It's handy for figuring out where to put your dish.

Hey Chip I got a question for you....I have set up a phase 3 dish with a SL3K4NR0-02 (99-101-103) lnbf with a h24 receiver...I have signal when I check with signal meter on receiver and get all channels...but when it goes through the process at set up ..it says tuner 1 has problems and all the sats are x ed out...but if I skip that and continue..it finishes and I have all channels...I use a supperbudy set to slimline 3 and it finds 101 ..so set up is good. Am I missing something here or or does it matter that the sats are x ed off on the receiver set up.

Thanks Rick (trikydiky)

If the signals are low enough it will trigger the failed signal, but they are strong enough for normal watching. If weather becomes a factor, then you will lose the picture quicker than normally.

I actually have 82-on 101 75 on 99 and 75 on 103...so this makes sense now..I didnt think that it would be so sensative..guess I need a bigger dish .

Thanks

I actually have 82-on 101 75 on 99 and 75 on 103...so this makes sense now..I didnt think that it would be so sensative..guess I need a bigger dish .

Thanks

Those numbers are as good as you are likely to get using a Phase III instead of a Slimline.

Reactions: Broe67
If you have a smart phone, download Satellite AR. It's a free app that does a good job of showing you where the satellites are located. It's handy for figuring out where to put your dish.
There is also SAToolz DTV for the iPhone & iPad. I used that, when I was trying to figure out where I wanted my dish located, before I had the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)