DirecTV on the verge of renewing Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Anybody know any details?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Supposed to be a broad agreement..not final

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I am hearing we may see no announcement of an official deal until DECEMBER.

But as I have learned over the past year... its easy for them to come to terms on a deal... its finalizing the contract and getting it signed which is the hard part. :D

The question that remains is whether the AT&T deal demands an exclusive contract or just a contract (non-exclusive).

You have to wonder how badly DIRECTV wants to be acquired. I suppose if DIRECTV opts for the non-exclusive agreement, their ranks will be decimated within a year.

The question that remains is whether the AT&T deal demands an exclusive contract or just a contract (non-exclusive).

You have to wonder how badly DIRECTV wants to be acquired. I suppose if DIRECTV opts for the non-exclusive agreement, their ranks will be decimated within a year.

I know this is :offtopic, but AT&T acquiring DIRECTV has me a bit nervous about the future of the satellite provider. AT&T can say all they want, but I see bad things for DIRECTV once this deal is a 2-3 years in. I definitely see prices go up sharply. Do I dare say AT&T getting rid of DIRECTV all together? As much as I see this deal going through; I really hope something happens in the last 2 minutes of the deal that causes it to fall apart.

:backontopic

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Decimated? Really? You make it sound as if the only thing Directv has going for it is Sunday Ticket.

Decimated? Really? You make it sound as if the only thing Directv has going for it is Sunday Ticket.
Not the only thing, but a rather substantial drawing card.

Make sure you understand what the term "decimated" means and then think about those who aren't getting the sports nets they want from DIRECTV.

I know what decimate means. Do you know what Dish not carrying any of the NYC rsns means?

Do you know what Dish not carrying any of the NYC rsns means?
I suppose it means you're engaging in baiting using the Second Argument of apologist doctrine.

If RCN managed to get their own NFL Sunday Ticket rights, DIRECTV market share would probably decrease significantly in the NYC market.

If DIRECTV managed to get the Dodgers and PAC-12 in the LA market their subscribership would probably increase there.

These deals are more to bring in and retain customers as they are to acquire programming and in the event that the deal is no longer exclusive, that's a big plus out the window.

You sure come up with some strange ideas. My point, which you know is correct, is that all providers make their choice as to what to offer to its customers. Since Dish doesn't have any NYC rsns, they lose many customers there, the LARGEST market in the US. Would Directv lose customers if they didn't have exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket? Sure, some, but to say they would be decimated is FUD. No surprise you would make that claim, BTW. You bash Directv every chance you get. Why?

Not sure why it matters/how relevant that is.. with the rumored $1.2-$1.3b annually figure it's obviously still exclusive.

I know this is :offtopic, but AT&T acquiring DIRECTV has me a bit nervous about the future of the satellite provider. AT&T can say all they want, but I see bad things for DIRECTV once this deal is a 2-3 years in. I definitely see prices go up sharply. Do I dare say AT&T getting rid of DIRECTV all together? As much as I see this deal going through; I really hope something happens in the last 2 minutes of the deal that causes it to fall apart.

I don't think any of that FUD is in their best interest, if they change things or overcharge I'll go to a new provider for the first time in a better part of a decade.

"their ranks will be decimated within a year."
Why would you say that?
Are you implying that Directv sans NFL ST is just another company with nothing going for it?
If that's the case, the Dish is in that boat right now.
Unless of course you are a shill for Dish?

Reactions: scoop8

ATT does not cover that much and MAX 2-3 HD steams is low next to other systems and will not work in bars lot's of places have at least 8 HD feeds some more then that.

So glad your soooo negative towards the merger ... your right though, it's gonna be all doom and gloom.
Wouldn't surprise me if D* went under in 3 years.

Of course ATT will sell it off, eventually ..... just like all the other companies that have had it.

From one of the articles above:

"The new NFL-DirecTV deal will continue an exclusive relationship that spans 20 years. DirecTV launched Sunday Ticket in 1994 and has remained the package’s only distributor. The package has around 2 million subscribers and is widely seen as being crucial to DirecTV’s growth through the years."

Wishful thinking on your part but it will be exclusive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)