OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Dish Has Reached The Deal With FOX! Offical Statement From Jim DeFranco

Dear DISH Network Retailers,

Today, I am pleased to report that our programming dispute with FOX has ended and that FX, National Geographic, and FOX Regional Sports Networks have all been restored to DISH Network customers. Our new agreement with FOX assures the continued carriage of these channels as well as that of FOX-owned local TV stations for years to come.
We understand this battle wasn’t easy. It was unpleasant for many customers, our marketing partners, and all of our employees who connected with customers everyday regarding the temporary loss of their channels. Some customers blamed DISH for the dispute, but majority of our customers supported our efforts. But we didn’t create the best value in television by simply agreeing to massive rate increases forced upon us by giant programming groups. The rate increase FOX was asking for would have resulted in a significant price increase and would have emboldened other programmers to make similar demands.
By resisting unreasonable programmer demands over the years, we’ve kept our prices lower than the competition and created opportunities to re-invest in new technologies like multi-room DVRs, High Definition TV, Google TV, and TV Everywhere solutions.
Your support in these endeavors is crucial for us to remain the best value in pay TV. We sincerely thank you for your dedication and support during this event.
Now let’s focus on excellent customer service while thanking customers for their loyalty to DISH Network.

Sincerely,
Jim DeFranco
Executive Vice President and Co-Founder

DISH Network and Fox Networks Reach Comprehensive Programming Agreement
--Viewers Ensured Continued Fox Broadcasting and Fox Television Stations Programming in Major Cities --FX, National Geographic Channel, and Fox's 19 Regional Sports Networks Immediately Restored to DISH Network Lineup

LOS ANGELES and ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) and Fox Networks, an operating unit of News Corporation (Nasdaq: NWS), today announced a wide-ranging distribution agreement to provide the third-largest video distributor in the United States with continued access to programming from Fox Broadcasting and Fox local television stations in major cities. The agreement also included carriage of FX, National Geographic Channel, and Fox's 19 regional sports networks, which were restored for DISH Network viewers Friday.
(Logo: Login)
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100611/LA19624LOGO)
"After prolonged negotiations to reach a fair deal, we're pleased to enter into a long term agreement with Fox and to assure our customers that they can continue to enjoy these channels," said Dave Shull, Senior Vice President of Programming for DISH Network. "We thank our customers, our retail and channel partners, and our employees for their support through these negotiations, which we believe resulted in a fair deal that reinforces DISH Network's position as the best value in television."
"I want to thank our partners at DISH Network who worked tirelessly to help us reach a successful conclusion," said Mike Hopkins, President, Fox Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing. "This agreement provides a strategic partnership between Fox and DISH to bring the best programming to DISH subscribers."
The agreement ensures that DISH Network viewers will continue to have access to Fox's live national and regional coverage of major sporting events including Major League Baseball's World Series, the NFL on FOX, the NBA, the NHL, college football and basketball, as well as popular entertainment programming on FOX, such as Glee, House, and The Simpsons; Sons of Anarchy and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on FX; and the Border Wars and the upcoming Great Migrations on National Geographic Channel.
DISH Network will continue to provide programming from the local Fox and MyNet television stations in the following markets: Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore (MyNet 24 only), Boston, Chicago, Cleveland/Akron, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Gainesville (FL), Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, Tampa, and Washington D.C.
Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
About DISH Network
DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ:DISH), provides more than 14.3 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2010, with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the most national HD channels, the most HD local coverage in the U.S., the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including the ViP 922, the world's only DVR with built-in Sling functionality and PC Magazine's "Editor's Choice." DISH Network is first in Customer Satisfaction among all cable and satellite providers according to the 2010 American Customer Satisfaction Index survey results for the U.S. largest cable and satellite TV providers. DISH Network Corporation is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.
Fox Networks Group, a primary operating unit of News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWS), consists of Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), FOX Sports Media Group, the company's national and regional cable programming services, FOX International Channels, and Fox Networks Engineering & Operations. These units produce, program and transmit much of America's most popular entertainment, sports and information content via 37 owned-and-operated TV networks, video on demand and other media platforms. FOX is America's most popular network; Fox Networks Group cable channels span FX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Fox Movie Channel, FUEL TV, FSN and 19 regional cable sports networks, SPEED, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox College Sports, FOX Deportes and Big Ten Network (co-venture with the Big Ten Conference); and FOX International Channels include 183 networks delivered in 35 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. The division also includes Fox Sports Enterprises, which manages interests in sports franchises and leading statistical information provider STATS, LLC.
SOURCE DISH Network L.L.C.

DISH Network Corporation
9601 South Meridian Blvd. , Englewood, CO 80112
Service provided by Shareholder.com​

So I guess we didn't get fulltime RSNs out of this deal. Oh well... Glad the dispute is over and it sounds like Fox was the one that caved based on Jim's statement, "rate increase FOX was asking for would have resulted in a significant price increase and would have emboldened other programmers to make similar demands."

DISH Network and FOX Reach Agreement

Scott asked me to post this for him
============================
Oct. 29, 2010

DISH Network and Fox Networks
Reach Comprehensive Programming Agreement

Viewers Ensured Continued Fox Broadcasting
and Fox Television Stations Programming in Major Cities

FX, National Geographic Channel, and Fox’s 19 Regional Sports Networks Immediately Restored to DISH Network Lineup

Los Angeles and Englewood, Colo. — DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and Fox Networks, an operating unit of News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS), today announced a wide-ranging distribution agreement to provide the third-largest video distributor in the United States with continued access to programming from Fox Broadcasting and Fox local television stations in major cities. The agreement also included carriage of FX, National Geographic Channel, and Fox’s 19 regional sports networks, which were restored for DISH Network viewers Friday.

“After prolonged negotiations to reach a fair deal, we’re pleased to enter into a long term agreement with Fox and to assure our customers that they can continue to enjoy these channels,” said Dave Shull, Senior Vice President of Programming for DISH Network. “We thank our customers, our retail and channel partners, and our employees for their support through these negotiations, which we believe resulted in a fair deal that reinforces DISH Network's position as the best value in television.”

"I want to thank our partners at DISH Network who worked tirelessly to help us reach a successful conclusion,” said Mike Hopkins, President, Fox Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing. “This agreement provides a strategic partnership between Fox and DISH to bring the best programming to DISH subscribers.”

The agreement ensures that DISH Network viewers will continue to have access to Fox’s live national and regional coverage of major sporting events including Major League Baseball’s World Series, the NFL on FOX, the NBA, the NHL, college football and basketball, as well as popular entertainment programming on FOX, such as Glee, House, and The Simpsons; Sons of Anarchy and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on FX; and the Border Wars and the upcoming Great Migrations on National Geographic Channel.

DISH Network will continue to provide programming from the local Fox and MyNet television stations in the following markets: Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore (MyNet 24 only), Boston, Chicago, Cleveland/Akron, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Gainesville (FL), Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, Tampa, and Washington D.C.
Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

About DISH Network
DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ:DISH), provides more than 14.3 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2010, with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the most national HD channels, the most HD local coverage in the U.S., the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including the ViP 922, the world’s only DVR with built-in Sling functionality and PC Magazine’s “Editor’s Choice.” DISH Network is first in Customer Satisfaction among all cable and satellite providers according to the 2010 American Customer Satisfaction Index survey results for the U.S. largest cable and satellite TV providers. DISH Network Corporation is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 200 company. Visit DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Let's Watch TV.

About Fox
Fox Networks Group, a primary operating unit of News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWS), consists of Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), FOX Sports Media Group, the company’s national and regional cable programming services, FOX International Channels, and Fox Networks Engineering & Operations. These units produce, program and transmit much of America’s most popular entertainment, sports and information content via 37 owned-and-operated TV networks, video on demand and other media platforms. FOX is America’s most popular network; Fox Networks Group cable channels span FX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Fox Movie Channel, FUEL TV, FSN and 19 regional cable sports networks, SPEED, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox College Sports, FOX Deportes and Big Ten Network (co-venture with the Big Ten Conference); and FOX International Channels include 183 networks delivered in 35 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. The division also includes Fox Sports Enterprises, which manages interests in sports franchises and leading statistical information provider STATS, LLC.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACTS: Francie Bauer (DISH Network) 720/514-5351
October 29, 2010 press@dishnetwork.com

Scott Grogin (Fox Networks) 310/369-4733
scott.grogin@fox.com

Brian Peterson (Fox Networks) 310/369-0009
brian.peterson@fox.com

You can tell when they started prepping for this outcome via the image names...

Good News header: DISH_GOOD_NEWS_10-25.jpg

Body content image: DISH_RESOLUTION_StaticBanner_v3_102610.jpg

I wonder if/when we'll ever get an idea of the terms, Dish had to have caved if they're paying anything for Fox local channels.

It's OVER!!!!

Fox, Dish agree to terms, ending blackout
(AP) – 10 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Broadcaster Fox and satellite TV provider Dish came to terms on Friday, ending a blackout of several cable channels including FX and 19 regional sports networks to 14.3 million Dish customers that began at the start of the month.
The deal between the unit of News Corp. and Dish Network Corp. comes two days before their agreement for Fox's broadcast signals expired. The agreement means Dish customers will be able to watch baseball's World Series on their own TV sets.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. But the companies said it was wide-ranging and long term.
Meanwhile, signals from Fox broadcast stations remain blacked out to some 3 million Cablevision subscribers in the New York area. That standoff has gone on since Oct. 16.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...5pkPTw?docId=28fe7134e8a9482782297b54af24c3ec

Another confirmation of a deal...

[SIZE=+2]Dish, Fox reach agreement to return regional sports networks to air, avert World Series blackout

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]04:23 PM CDT on Friday, October 29, 2010

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]By VICTOR GODINEZ / The Dallas Morning News
vgodinez@dallasnews.com
[/SIZE] Dish Network LLC and Fox Networks said Friday they have reached an agreement that puts the Fox Sports stations back on the air on the satellite provider and averts a potential blackout Monday morning of local Fox network stations, including KDFW-TV (Channel 4) in the Dallas area.
The deal ensures that the 440,000 Dish subscribers in the Dallas area will again have access to Dallas Stars and Mavericks games on Fox Sports Southwest, and will not miss any of the World Series games broadcast on the network station.
Fox Sports Southwest had been blacked out for the last four weeks after Dish and Fox could not agree on how much Dish would pay to carry the broadcaster’s 19 regional sports channels, as well FX and the National Geographic Channel.
The separate agreement to carry the network stations — 25 in total around the country — was set to expire at midnight Monday, potentially forcing Dish subscribers in the affected markets to miss the last three games of the World Series featuring the Texas Rangers and San Francisco Giants.
Financial terms of the new deals were not disclosed.
When Fox Sports went off the air, Dish claimed Fox was asking for a 50 percent increase over its previous fee, but Fox said that percentage was incorrect.

Dish, Fox reach agreement to return regional sports networks to air, avert World Series blackout | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News

Channels already back on my TV in FL

RebelWithaCause said:
Haha. Sure, that's what the Dish Network customers say of course.

Remember we have a time here on tolling. If you've nothing constructive to say then head to the Direct forum or have a nice day somewhere else.

I just got a call from Dish Network (Customer Account Rep). He asked why I canceled (because of the Fox dispute) and if I was informed that Dish would be getting their Fox affiliates back on the air on 11/1. I was not asked (I canceled 2 days ago on 10/27). He said thank you for being a Dish Network customer and we hope you return soon (I likely won't for at least 9 months while I'm getting a great deal from my NO CONTRACT cable provider). PQ is on par with Dish. Very happy so far. And I get my Fox regional!

:)

Well, the RSNs are back right now along with FX and NatGeo. :)

So FX, Nat Geo, the RSNs are coming back on Monday. That's good, because League Pass and Center Ice ended up not being the same without the FSN HD feed, I guess that it did effect me in the end. Also, I don't need Hulu to watch Terriers anymore.

No need to wait until Monday, Fox channels already back up and working.

I was watching the Charlie Ergen Dish v. Fox spiel on Fox Ohio and suddenly poof, back to sports. Guide still showing "Important news! Press info!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)