OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Hall said:
Because a zip code alone isn't accurate enough. Where I work is zip code 45066 and people in the north part of this zip get Dayton OH locals; people in the south part get Cincinnati OH locals. Of course, with Time Warner Cable, people get *both* in some cases (though at 8pm, they get syndicated programming on the duplicate network).

Direct resolves this by adding another feature in these areas. When you enter your zip, if you are in an overlapping area they then ask for your county or region in a pull down link

I can just imagine the Ad agencies that DirecTV uses cranking out fevorishly new ads if the plug is pulled for any length of time. More customer loss that Charlie will just state "its the economy"...

WOW, soon Dish won't have any programming.

Keep up the Good work Charlie.

Yea, but that will be because he must have waged an epic battle for his subscribers.

Many people will take the fact that there are no channels left as a sign that Charlie fought the supreme fight and will offer to pay Dish a monthly fee even if there's no programming (just to stick it to corporations like Disney and Fox). :)

I am a Directv subscriber but can a Minneapolis paper had a Notice to Dish Subscribers that come October 1st they may lose FX, FSN North, Nat Geo.

Losing FSN North in Minnesota would Suck. Twins, Wild, Wolves and Gophers Hockey are all on there.

Hopefully this doesnt happen to Dish Subscribers.

ESPN Classic was moved to the sports pack tier.

Yeah and that was total BS!! I raised hell but it didn't do anything. I'm hoping they get these channels dropped cause I'll go to the phone this time instead of online chat and raise HOLY HELL... first they lose those HD's, then move ESPN Classic and now these for no price drop... ohh hell no!! I'll demand some sort of adjustment or I'll switch its just that simple.

anyone have a phone number for executive resolution at dish? i just wanna voice my opinion.

and the wife said fx is a must, sons and rescue me cant be missed

I used to have D* but switched for some $$$ savings. Still have 12 months in my contract but luckily D* sends me letters to come back and they will pay my cancel fee.

I have the sports pack to get NFL Redzone and Sunshine Network from FL. I am bigtime Noles fan and love watching the Jimbo Fisher show on this channel, so I would deeply miss Sunshine!

I just got the form response via chat.

Just for giggles:

DISH Chat said:
...FOX is threatening to remove their Regional Sports Networks, FX and National Geographic Channel from the DISH Network line-up. Other channels, including your local FOX TV station and FOX News/FOX Business News are not affected....If Fox Networks chooses to remove their signal and prevent DISH Network from carrying their channels, DISH Network will provide alternative solutions and additional programming options. It is our hope that a fair agreement can be reached before this occurs. We have every intention of reaching an agreement so that your programming is not affected.

Offer the channels, even if it means raising the price. I decide if I want to pay for the channels or not.

That only works with ala carte. Fox isn't about to let Dish or anyone else split out their channels into a different package or offer each channel individually. They want them packaged and that package in a lower tier.

I just dont see this lasting very long. And with the baseball playoffs on the local FOX network and TBS I wont miss my Twins in the playoffs. The Wild's first hockey game on FSN North is Oct. 14. If this dispute isnt resolved by then it might be adios Dish hello Direct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts