OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

ok then, thats their problem, If I cared about crappy dvrs and overpriced sports packaging I might consider changing. I don't sit up nights and worry I might be missing something because I have a regular life.
When dtv started the hotpass thing for racing, I looked at it then and didnt like the numbers. Bottom line for me is I couldnt care less about stupid regional fsn's and its going to take a lot more than fx and natgeo for me to even consider changing.
I had dtv for roughly a year in the 90's, now I know a lot has changed since, but the service was crap then.
So the dtv weenies can go on and on about they have more blah blah blah,, makes no difference.
Christ everyones an expert.
Fine. But that has nothing to do with the fact that you originally thought my comment was crap.

BTW, the DVRs are not crap either. In fact, all of them can do MORE than the VIPs. The VIPs are faster, but the HR24 is right up their with them.

If you want to get into a discussion of which things each DVR can do, and create a list showing that the HRs can do a lot more, I would be glad to.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a site where you can watch full episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philly??? Just shows clips on Fx site and Hulu doesn't have it at all. Thanks.

Man the D* forums must really be boring. Otherwise I just can't understand why there are so many D* trolls over here posting. With their axes to grind about how awful E* is. :eek:
The only comments about things being awful are from the Dish subs. It is the Dish subs complaining about channel loss, not Direct subs. It is the Dish subs commenting on how awful Direct sports packages are and how bad their DVRs are, not the Direct subs.

The only thing I see Direct subs doing is clearing up false information that the Dish subs spread about Direct. Something that happens all of the time on this side

Checked again, still no sports channels as they said they would give. ESPN Classic still in green in guide and those upper channels 9660 or whatever still don't show up. :confused::confused:

You don't get the channels if you didn't lose your RSN. They told me the only ones that got them are those that had the Multi-Sports package but I don't think that's true since some lost their locals. I didn't have the channels either since I have FSN Rocky Mountain which is not owned by Fox. When I called to confirm that the substitute channels weren't available, they gave me the M-S package free for a month which surprised me since I just said OK, I understood. Just confirmed what I thought, the only thing I can access is BTN which isn't worth $7 a month.

BTW, the DVRs are not crap either. In fact, all of them can do MORE than the VIPs. The VIPs are faster, but the HR24 is right up their with them

Well, the HR24 is faster, but the rest are not worth having, imo. I'm old, but even I couldn't take the dog slow operating of the HR21 I had, nor the HR20s I had before that one, although they were faster.

As to which does more, well I'd call it a toss up.

This dispute really affects all the providers, so it's important to all of us. But I'll be honest, the D* forums are really boring. Nothing happens there, the equipment just works, no contract disputes, and not whining about I don't have "x" channel. :D
Exactly. What is there to talk about? It has been pretty flat for a while. Nothing new and nothing lost.

Not since Versus got back on. Or was it since they dropped XM for Sonic Tap? I've been reading these posts for years, just began to put in 2 cents into the penny jar.
Switching music providers, and letting us know well ahead of time, is not even close to the same thing as losing or dropping channels.

The only comments about things being awful are from the Dish subs. It is the Dish subs complaining about channel loss, not Direct subs. It is the Dish subs commenting on how awful Direct sports packages are and how bad their DVRs are, not the Direct subs.

The only thing I see Direct subs doing is clearing up false information that the Dish subs spread about Direct. Something that happens all of the time on this side

Oh please! The slowness of the HRs prior to the 24 was confirmed in a poll of D* users on the other site not long ago.

And yes you have all those sports, but far fewer national HDs. Maybe you have less national HDs because that would raise your rates??? Or maybe D* already bent over for Fox and Disney??

Oh please! The slowness of the HRs prior to the 24 was confirmed in a poll of D* users on the other site not long ago.

And yes you have all those sports, but far fewer national HDs. Maybe you have less national HDs because that would raise your rates??? Or maybe D* already bent over for Fox and Disney??
:confused:

I think you must have quoted the wrong post?

Switching music providers, and letting us know well ahead of time, is not even close to the same thing as losing or dropping channels.

True. But don't tell me that 13 months ago is wasn't the same story with Versus. FOX pulled the plug, not Dish, and FOX made that decision a week or two before, and chose to only anounce it as a blurb their Dallas-Ft.Worth station's website. That's why Dish subs are crying. I got the same sob story from Versus fans that were DirecTV subs 13 months ago.

I have stayed with DISH for 5 years but this was the last straw. Just scheduled Directv install for 10/16. Really did not want to change but with the DVR fee increase, Disney and FOX disputes I could not take it anymore. I know no provider is perfect but DISH has got to stop doing this or the churn will just get worse. I actually will pay less per month than I am now after the 1 year of rebates. I got Choice ultimate with whole house DRVR and Free hd for life. Got 1 Hd DVR and 4 hd receivers.

:eek:Oh my this has now turned into the DodgerKing thread. Although he is one of the few D* subs that comes over that tries to be fair.:D From the reading (& I admit not a lot) All the D* HD DVR's were pretty much dogs till the HR24.

:eek:Oh my this has now turned into the DodgerKing thread. Although he is one of the few D* subs that comes over that tries to be fair.:D From the reading (& I admit not a lot) All the D* HD DVR's were pretty much dogs till the HR24.
They pretty much all were.

I have stayed with DISH for 5 years but this was the last straw. Just scheduled Directv install for 10/16. Really did not want to change but with the DVR fee increase, Disney and FOX disputes I could not take it anymore. I know no provider is perfect but DISH has got to stop doing this or the churn will just get worse. I actually will pay less per month than I am now after the 1 year of rebates. I got Choice ultimate with whole house DRVR and Free hd for life. Got 1 Hd DVR and 4 hd receivers.

It looks like you will be one of many. Not just going by what I read here but what I've been told by many folks around here that have Dish. I play in a huge golf league and dropping Dish is a big topic of discussion. Many here are preaching a wait and see attitude but that's not what I'm seeing from friends that are sports fans.

You just didn't like the little poke I made with Sonic Tap. Quite frankly, the people I know with it, hate it.
I can careless about Sonic Tap. I have XM and can listen to it just about anywhere, anytime. And I never ever listen to music through Direct. I don't care which music provider they use or if they offer music at all.

From what I have read, it does seem like more people prefer XM over Sonictap

I can careless about Sonic Tap. I have XM and can listen to it just about anywhere, anytime. And I never ever listen to music through Direct. I don't care which music provider they use or if they offer music at all.

From what I have read, it does seem like more people prefer XM over Sonictap

I can also care less, I poked some fun at someone else. My whole attitude is simply that this mess in TV World is the same crap on a different day. As we speak FOX is also fighting Cablevision. Last year DirecTV was the center of attention. People believe that Dish will be battling Versus soon. I'm just saying to those who hoot and holler that it's always rainbows and sunshine in DirecTV land, because that's the case right now, or completely wrong.

I can also care less, I poked some fun at someone else. My whole attitude is simply that this mess in TV World is the same crap on a different day. As we speak FOX is also fighting Cablevision. Last year DirecTV was the center of attention. People believe that Dish will be battling Versus soon. I'm just saying to those who hoot and holler that it's always rainbows and sunshine in DirecTV land, because that's the case right now, or completely wrong.
I wont disagree. They all of their share of problems.

What I would like to know is how much was Fox charging Dish for those channels and what did that equate too per sub? We may never know. Fox nor Dish will divulge that information no matter how heated their discussions are. It sounds to me that because of the increases that Dish has imposed on it's customers, Fox wants a bigger slice of that pie.

What I would like to know is how much was Fox charging Dish for those channels and what did that equate too per sub? We may never know. Fox nor Dish will divulge that infrmation no matter how heated their discussions are. It sounds to me that because of the increases that Dish has imposed on it's customers, Fox wants a bigger slice of that pie.

And /or moved to lower tier of programming so more eyes are on their programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)