OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

For Me:
Don't watch college football so losing FSN's no absolutely no big deal.
the regular season for baseball is over on Sunday so losing FSN's is absolutely no big deal.
Don't watch anything on FX so losing FX is absolutely no big deal.
My package doesn't have Nat Geo, so losing Nat Geo is absolutely no big deal.
I think Murdoch is a steaming pile of Australian horse dung, so Fox losing money sounds absolutely great to me!
In Summery, I will sleep just fine tonite and not be changing my Dish subscription any time soon!

Uh, come on people, imagine each one of 15 million Dish subscribers posting in this thread:

" I do watch this channel, I don't watch that one ... "

Puhleaz ! Why could you possibly even think that the thousands of SatelliteGuys members care whether each one of the thousands of members watch FX, NatGeo and Fox Sports ?

Maybe I should start posting in every thread what I had for each meal of the day ?? :eek:

For Me:
Don't watch college football so losing FSN's no absolutely no big deal.
the regular season for baseball is over on Sunday so losing FSN's is absolutely no big deal.
Don't watch anything on FX so losing FX is absolutely no big deal.
My package doesn't have Nat Geo, so losing Nat Geo is absolutely no big deal.
I think Murdoch is a steaming pile of Australian horse dung, so Fox losing money sounds absolutely great to me!
In Summery, I will sleep just fine tonite and not be changing my Dish subscription any time soon!
I have a feeling that you would not drop Dish if they dropped all of their channels. ;)

Uh, come on people, imagine each one of 15 million Dish subscribers posting in this thread:

" I do watch this channel, I don't watch that one ... "

Puhleaz ! Why could you possibly even think that the thousands of SatelliteGuys members care whether each one of the thousands of members watch FX, NatGeo and Fox Sports ?

Maybe I should start posting in every thread what I had for each meal of the day ?? :eek:

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that on this site we were allowed to voice our reasons and opinions on why we are choosing to stay or choosing to leave Dish. Be it a channel dispute, a bad install, or just because. But if Scott changed the rules while I was gone for the last month and a half, I didn't get the memo and sincerely apologize.

I am definitely regretting the decision to switch to Dish a couple of months ago. I'm thinking about going back to Directv but their offer to pay your termination fee is a max of 200. My termination fee would be like 350. So I'd be losing a lot of money.

I'm almost tempted to just buy one of the new Apple TV's, drop to the bare minimum subscription with Dish and rent any shows on the Apple TV that I wouldn't get then on Dish. I'll have to crunch some numbers but might be a good way to save some money in the long run.

Maybe the sticking point is 24hr HD regional sports networks?
Could this be possible? I mean, could Fox insist on 24hr HD RSN's?
If they did, I'd guess that would really put Charlie in a bad possition. We already know PT HD on RSN's is a bandwith limitation issue.

Last edited:
I am definitely regretting the decision to switch to Dish a couple of months ago. I'm thinking about going back to Directv but their offer to pay your termination fee is a max of 200. My termination fee would be like 350. So I'd be losing a lot of money.

I'm almost tempted to just buy one of the new Apple TV's, drop to the bare minimum subscription with Dish and rent any shows on the Apple TV that I wouldn't get then on Dish. I'll have to crunch some numbers but might be a good way to save some money in the long run.

I was thinking of doing that as well. I also have my iMac hooked up to my home theater system via HDMI for Hulu, Netflix (which I can do on the new AppleTV now), etc. However the AppleTV right out of the gate won't have tons of TV content with some networks still hesitant on the business model/pricing. But I agree. I made some calculations based on me and my wife's viewing habits and can prolly save a decent amount of money. I could even forego Dish altogether with all the HD content available online and through various other resources.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that on this site we were allowed to voice our reasons and opinions on why we are choosing to stay or choosing to leave Dish. Be it a channel dispute, a bad install, or just because. But if Scott changed the rules while I was gone for the last month and a half, I didn't get the memo and sincerely apologize.

You are still missing the point.

Each person's situation is different. Some have kids, some like sports, some like movies, etc. etc.

So, having each one of the 20,000 members specify their particular situation:

" I have kids, so they watch Dog Whisperer, but not FX, and they don't like sports. "

and having every one of the 20,000 members post that is pointless.

So, having anyone who is interested, post their opinion on the issue is great. But having everyone post the details of their individual situation is pointless. Obviously, there is every possible combination out there of people who watch the channel or do not watch it...

PS Your post was the second in a row about "I don't watch these particular channels, so I am not going to care", so it was not just your post.

I am reminded of an AVS post in a thread about a particular HD TV model. Some guy posts some details about the TV (fine) and some pictures of the TV (fine). He then goes on about how his grandparents came over to look at the TV and it was someone's birthday, and then they ate this food, and someone was ill and zzzzzzz......

Does anyone know if the two RSNs in LA (FSN West and Primeticket) are among those being dropped? When I looked up local channels, it still listed these two as available in my area.

BTW, why does Dish's website require a complete address to look up locals, while Direct's only requires a zip code?

So they can send you snail mail spam.

Maybe the sticking point is 24hr HD regional sports networks?

No -- DirecTV and Fox just signed a deal that lets DirecTV broadcast Fox Soccer Plus in HD only when there is a live match - which is exactly the same as part-time HD RSNs. So, Fox is clearly not insisted on full-time HD versions of Fox Sports channels.

No -- DirecTV and Fox just signed a deal that lets DirecTV broadcast Fox Soccer Plus in HD only when there is a live match - which is exactly the same as part-time HD RSNs. So, Fox is clearly not insisted on full-time HD versions of Fox Sports channels.

Yea that's fox Soccer PLUS! We still get Fox Soccer HD full time! You cant link Fox sports channels HD to a Plus channel. Especially when all of the Full time normal Fox Sports HD channels are on full time. In the situation it would be the same as if your RSN had an ALT HD channel for over flow games. That's all Fox Soccer Plus HD is, an overflow channel. Any other programming is only a replay of what Airs on the main FSC channel only two hours behind.

You are still missing the point.

Each person's situation is different. Some have kids, some like sports, some like movies, etc. etc.

So, having each one of the 20,000 members specify their particular situation:

" I have kids, so they watch Dog Whisperer, but not FX, and they don't like sports. "

and having every one of the 20,000 members post that is pointless.

So, having anyone who is interested, post their opinion on the issue is great. But having everyone post the details of their individual situation is pointless. Obviously, there is every possible combination out there of people who watch the channel or do not watch it...

And crap like this is part of the reason I walked away from this place for a month and a half.

Well, I would not be in that group. FX and NG haven't been tuned on my dvrs in at least a year. FSN is only tuned when there is a Big 12 football or basketball game on involving OSU or OU.

More ticked off about all Dish's meaningless fees and price increases than I am with the occasional loss of a channel group. In fact I would probably have an easier time finding something I want to watch if there weren't 500 meaningless channels showing the same thing over and over again. 50 years of tv and movies and they can't find something fresh to show

Yea that's fox Soccer PLUS! We still get Fox Soccer HD full time! You cant link Fox sports channels HD to a Plus channel. Especially when all of the Full time normal Fox Sports HD channels are on full time. In the situation it would be the same as if your RSN had an ALT HD channel for over flow games. That's all Fox Soccer Plus HD is, an overflow channel. Any other programming is only a replay of what Airs on the main FSC channel only two hours behind.

Sorry, Bob, but Fox Soccer Plus HD is a full-time HD channel on TWC Cable Systems.

And Fox Soccer Plus HD is part of the same sub-division of Fox as the RSNs, namely "Fox Sports".

So, clearly Fox is not insisting that their Fox Sports be carried full-time.

PS Dish will turn on full-time HD RSNs just as soon as they think it is more important than the PPV Movie channels that are currently using that bandwidth...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts