OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Honestly, I think Fox could be mistaken. While losing FX does hurt some people, I don't think it'll hurt enough people, some may not even notice! Dish still has a ton of channels which include some really good stuff that Directv doesn't have, AMC HD (which is looking to surpass FX as the quality cable original programming station), TCM HD, EPIX HDs. They still have all the premiums.

The local RSNs does hurt the most... not me personally, but certainly to local sports (hockey, basketball, baseball if it drags for a while) fans.

But overall, I think people could live with where this is at, other than the loss of RSNs. If I don't get FX, I really won't care too much. Nat Geo? Are you kidding me? There are a number of similar programs on other channels. There are other options already available.

As to people bitching about replacement channels that they already get, geesh, get over it. You want Dish to start offering something they don't offer? At least Dish is making a decent effort to replace the programming and did so immediately. Some people want Dish to supply everything for nothing.

Do not watch any of the bold channels.
Let's say there is a total of 300 SD and HD channels on Dishnetwork
I only watch 20.

Okay, the previous thread needed some deletions as there was a bit of flaming going on, but locking it was unnecessary.

But to the OP point, nothing in the title of the RSN thread points to FX or National Geographic. So either that needs to be updated, or a separate thread maintained.

That is true. I flammed Dishnetwork x1,0000

That is true. The real threads need to be re-titled with FX or NatGeo.

Oh, if I was a moderator :p

Honestly, I think Fox could be mistaken. While losing FX does hurt some people, I don't think it'll hurt enough people, some may not even notice! Dish still has a ton of channels which include some really good stuff that Directv doesn't have, AMC HD (which is looking to surpass FX as the quality cable original programming station), TCM HD, EPIX HDs. They still have all the premiums.

The local RSNs does hurt the most... not me personally, but certainly to local sports (hockey, basketball, baseball if it drags for a while) fans.

But overall, I think people could live with where this is at, other than the loss of RSNs. If I don't get FX, I really won't care too much. Nat Geo? Are you kidding me? There are a number of similar programs on other channels. There are other options already available.

As to people bitching about replacement channels that they already get, geesh, get over it. You want Dish to start offering something they don't offer? At least Dish is making a decent effort to replace the programming and did so immediately. Some people want Dish to supply everything for nothing.

No, they want Dish to supply the channels that were advertised in the package they signed up for. So far, I've lost 5 channels I've watched regularly over disputes in the past several months. And I'm not even counting the RSNs lost from the Multi Sport package. Dish now has a track record over the past year of getting in disputes, and only the customer loses. I'm done dealing with a company like that.

Sorry it's been HELL DAY at my Real Job today. I got to merge them when I finally had a chance to sit for a moment. :)

Me too. My boss called me all drunk, told me to head into the office for some weird reason. I got into the office and I was not needed, I went back home.

My boss's speech was so slurred, like he had gauze in his mouth from the dentist.

Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. :)

I should be apologizing to you and Satguys.us for being a 'spammer' all morning. :eek:

well i fixed my issue, im having directv installed 10/9

Wish I could do the same.

I like to stay loyal to companies. I predicted the drop of FX-HD so I'll predict this too. Dishnetwork will add FX and Natgeo by 2011.

I don't want to sign up for another provider, and 3 months later E* gets FX back.

This sort of crap isn't going away anytime soon, if anything it's going to get worse. Essentially making it easier for cable and other media to compete in an increasingly competitive market.
Again, dtv and cable subs should watch their bills carefully. So Charlie doesn't cave in to to Murdochs Bullsh!t, some of you should be happy about that.
Some of you have raised Charlie bashing to an art form, If he's so damn evil why do you keep paying?

This is the last straw for me. Direct here I come. The Reds finally make the playoffs and now this crap.

I'd be switching to AT&T universe :shrug:

My friend and I are hating E*.. We should do it together. Then we could both complain how cool Dish is to AT&T ha.

I'd be switching to AT&T universe :shrug:

My friend and I are hating E*.. We should do it together. Then we could both complain how cool Dish is to AT&T ha.

Heard too many bad things about uverse. Main one being the constant audio drop outs using hdmi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)