OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

when i signed up for dish i had a list of channels, now i dont have them all.
my contract has been up for months

i called to complain about the latest loss
i was offered free hd platinum for 3 months, i already have hd plat. so $30 is not alot.

ive been contemplating the move just for the mrv, so this just broke the camels back so to speak

maybe in 2 years dish will have grown up a bit

Heard too many bad things about uverse. Main one being the constant audio drop outs using hdmi.

Uverse is the worse possible HD provider, from PQ to channel line-up to crap equipment to limited whole house viewing. Anybody leaving Dish for them will be sorry.

DirecTV fans have posted that due to NFL Sunday Ticket, there is a several week backlog of DirecTV installations and a lack of HD-DVRs available.

So, get a very solid installation date if you do that...

My install date is Tuesday the 5th. Cutting it close, but at least I'm not going to miss Sons of Anarchy (or the handful of Husker games on Fox Sports from mid October on).

Uverse is the worse possible HD provider, from PQ to channel line-up to crap equipment to limited whole house viewing. Anybody leaving Dish for them will be sorry.

Oh really? :(

For an update for the previous page. My best friend just dropped E* and went with AT&T. I should do the same.

I don't have a 'job' and I'm paying $160/month for E* - way to waste my money.

I'm old technology, 1080i with component video so HDMI issues with AT&T won't bother me.

Anyone have any idea about how this effects Center Ice? Any word from Dish on that?

I've read in a few different posts that people think that it won't have any effect on Center Ice. Their reasoning was because Dish doesn't have deals with a few local sports networks yet the games will show up in the sport's packages (Center Ice, League Pass, etc...).

My thoughts are if that is true, the Center Ice package may be a separate contracted service Dish gets from a 3rd party. It won't help people looking for their local games since they will be blacked out if a local station is providing a feed (even though Dish wouldn't have it at that point).

So hopefully I, and these other people, are correct and the Center Ice package won't be effected.

There is another thread down the page that focuses on CI and the dispute.

Now that Damages is gone from FX, I really had no other shows on any of these networks that I watched or cared about. I see this as a plus for me since my costs won't go up like they would have if DishNetwork accepted the deal.

Wish I could say the same.

I have 4 TV shows on FX that I really like. :rant:

better job

My response to Dish via email.

Dear Mr Ergen,

My account number is XXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX

I am SICK AND TIRED of Dish dropping channels and playing the "it's not our fault, programmers are trying to raise their fees" and, at the same time, Dish keeps on increasing their fees on DVRs, programming packages, etc. This year I absorbed a huge increase in my bill by Dish Network hiking the addition Dual DVR fee to $17.00 from $5.00 per month, I believe my bill went up by 35 dollars per month. I knuckled under to the price increase and I even added the Multisports package to get access to NFL Redzone.

Bottom line is: I have to be able to view Buffalo Sabres games, or I will shop for another provider. I've been with Dish since 1997, I prefer your hardware, and your selection of channels over my local Cable Company or DirecTV.

If I can't get Buffalo Sabres games then I will be gone completely. You can forget completely any likelihood I will ever subscribe to the NHL Center Ice Package (which I have had for the last 2 seasons) again from Dish, even if you resolve the MSG RSN, Fox Network problem.

Enough is enough!
I am guessing you are getting many more Emails like this today.

John Lodge
Soon to be a former Dish Network subscriber

That is a much better job of expressing feelings. Than the others I've read here. Sounds like you put some thought into it.

I wish I could send him an email.
My email account has my real name in it. Don't want go up against a billion dollar company like that. Their legal staff > mine
:eek:

"it's not our fault, programmers are trying to raise their fees"
That's Charlie being cheap. It's a recession, he might be trying to save some money.
I know I would not like paying $10 million just for two TV channels. F that.

I wish I could send him an email.
My email account has my real name in it. Don't want go up against a billion dollar company like that. Their legal staff > mine
:eek:

What can they possibly come after you for?

You are simply voicing your opinion. As long as you aren't threatening damage to them, you have nothing to worry about.

As was I. Especially the PQ. Extremely slow equipment, HD limitations (even though their HD looks more like a YouTube video,) small DVR, 1 DVR limitation, ugh, I could make a mile-long list.

I promptly moved back to DISH.

ha. This is true.

Well, I've been ranting all over the internet for hours this morning.
I need to calm down before ranting to the CEO.

That's all.

100.2 Sudden Death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts