OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

I actually just saw an ad in Kansas City by Dish saying KC's local Fox affiliate (WDAF) might be pulled off the air. I know for a fact WDAF is not an O&O (they were previously, but were sold to a company called Local TV).

There was a full page ad in the Denver Post, saying that Denver FOX31 KDVR could be lost on Nov. 1.

Says -

DISH no longer carries FX or NatGeo. On November 1st, you could also lose FOX31.

What good is an empty Dish?

Call these other providers that will give you what you paid for.

Comcast, DirecTV.

GetWhatIPaidFor :: Get What I Paid For

1-877-99-I-Paid

I don't have anything to complain about with Dish since I didn't lose my FSN locals and have OTA covered for the Fox local (which I won't lose anyway because they are independent).

If I did want to vent, it wouldn't be directed at either Dish or Fox, but where the real problem lies: In offices in Hollywood, the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and the NCAA. That's where the real control needs to be started because that's where the costs originate and where the greed is really rampant. Only with subs dropping and everyone cutting back will they start to get it and have to find a way to get their audiences back. Seem to remember a song or a book titled "What if you gave a party and nobody came"?

So I assume that when Fox's contracts with DirecTV and Comcast expire, they will be in the same boat. Dish just happens to be one of the first lucky ones to have their contract with Fox expire???

Dish is in a different situation than I think any other provider. Dish has the AT120 without the RSNs. I do not know of other providers with an RSN free tier. I suspect that the other renewals that FSN faces will go a lot smoother.

I saw an ad saying FOX2 St Louis,MO might be lost by Dish Network customers Nov 1st.
However they are owned by Local TV LLC, the media arm of private equity firm Oak Hill Capital Partners.

So are these ads just bluffs?

Fox doesn't own any part of DirecTV anymore.

All of the "Oak Hill Capital Partners" Fox stations, which operate as "Local TV LLC", have had their proxy for the negotiation given to Fox to negotiate.

Don't mean to be so forceful, but it needs attention drawn to it.

Never watched Nat Geo much. Could care less about sports or rsns. Have Fox from two different ota markets as well as Houston locals so I don't care if they pull the Fox station, I'm covered. The only channel I cared about was FX and only for Rescue me and Nip/Tuck which is now gone anyway, so I support DISH playing hard ball with Fox. IF it means raising my bill AGAIN , I 'm against them ever coming back.

My question is how much will the bill go up (estimate if anyone can) if they agree to fox demands...and if we lose the stations how much will we save...

Im guessing we wont see that much of an increase...def not more then what dish has done to us already

So I assume that when Fox's contracts with DirecTV and Comcast expire, they will be in the same boat. Dish just happens to be one of the first lucky ones to have their contract with Fox expire???

Actually Cablevision's contract with Fox expires October 15th... which is Friday... baseball playoffs on Fox on Saturday. :eek:

IF they move the two channels FX and Nat Geo into the lowest programming pack it will mean everyone's bill will go up . IF one channel provider does it , the rest will follow ,further inflating our bills.

The only thing that looks bad on Dish is that they raise the receiver fees earlier this year, but now they keep saying they're fighting to keep our cost down. I believe Dish is trying to keep subscription rates down because that has been their "hook" compared to Direct and cable (Low price leader). Unfortunately, by raising our fees when they knew contracts were expiring, makes them seem a bit hypocritical if not just plain dumb.

Ghpr13:)

Yep, it's all about you. You don't watch the RSN's but millions in the major market areas do. I seldom watch FX or NatGeo but I sure don't want to lose them, especially since I'm paying for them. If you don't care about losing the FOX locals then you are in a vast minority. Most folks kind of balk at paying for something and then having it taken away with no discourse. Kind of the way I was raised.
Yer damn right it is. I've never paid for rsn's, just didn't care enough to pay the 5 bucks in the first place, and yes I did get credited for fx and nat geo.
My point all along has been that it isn't going to stop with fox or dish, if anyone here thinks that it stops there they haven't been paying attention.
No discourse? I've read all over these forums about peeps switching on a whim, and thats all good.
There are other ways for locals, I would think with all the technogeeks here that it would have been talked about more.
No one here is going to tell me that they watch all 120 channels in the at 120 either. So switch if yer not happy and don't cry about paying ETF fees when appropriate.
Go ahead and blame dish for this whole mess, everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem doing just that. Perhaps it was some arbitrary decision by charlie to piss off his subs.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts