OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK, that's fair. Yes if Disney had pulled it all, there would have been a lot of yammering about it. But by only pulling the HD, we found that in general, no one cared if Disney was in HD or not, or at least not nearly enough cared. Face it, the kids watching Disney channels wanted to see the channel, being in HD was nice but certainly not a big deal unless the parents made it a big deal. Frankly at this point in time, I would be surprised to see it come back in HD at all, there certainly is no general howling about the HD being gone.

I agree with you on that point. I personally didn't care about losing ESPN News in HD when I noticed that they dropped the enhanced settings for the bottom line of the other networks.

And if there is , you all lost your channels for nothing!

So why put up with that all the time?

Just wondering?

But the same thing is happening to DIRECTV... and I am hearing more is coming. Mike White wants to cut out the lower rated channels to save money.

Its also happening to cable companies around the country.

Truth is there is no perfect company out there and these disputes seem like they will get a lot worse before they get better.

A person needs to choose the best company based on what they watch. So far NONE of the channels I watch have been part of the channels pulled by any of the companies... (But if DISH pulls the Discovery Channel suite, USA Network, or Food Network then I might have a problem.) :) so none of the disputes affected me.

But for someone else that might not be the case.

I got to be honest, I dont go by the best price advertising as in the end all services are usually within a few dollars of each other. Don't shop by what you willpay, shop for what you watch. :)

But the same thing is happening to DIRECTV... and I am hearing more is coming. Mike White wants to cut out the lower rated channels to save money.

Truth is there is no perfect company out there and these disputes seem like they will get a lot worse before they get better.

A person needs to choose the best company based on what they watch. So far NONE of the channels I watch have been part of the channels pulled by any of the companies... (But if DISH pulls the Discovery Channel suite, USA Network, or Food Network then I might have a problem.) :) so none of the disputes affected me.

I got to be honest, I dont go by the best price advertising as in the end all services are usually within a few dollars of each other. Don't shop by what you willpay, shop for what you watch. :)
Good. Just because a channel is available, does not mean these companies should carry it. Trim off the fat.

There is a difference cutting a low rated channel to reduce costs vs removing a high rated channel over costs.

I vote for HLN.

Good. Just because a channel is available, does not mean these companies should carry it. Trim off the fat.

There is a difference cutting a low rated channel to reduce costs vs removing a high rated channel over costs.

That's correct and next year Fox RSNs are going to cost DirecTV big time so to see DirecTV start to cut channels especially non-sports (what the heck is Ninja Warrior then?)channels.The question will be which channel will be next to leave DirecTV?.;):D

That's correct and next year Fox RSNs are going to cost DirecTV big time so to see DirecTV start to cut channels especially non-sports (what the heck is Ninja Warrior then?)channels.The question will be which channel will be next to leave DirecTV?.;):D

Good thing I make my programming decisions based on a providers offerings and history instead of paranoid predictions then.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

They probably won't pull those ones. Discovery is never known to be greedy and ask for a huge rate increase. And the deal with Scripps for Food Network was probably renewed when Dish added Cooking Channel HD. Hopefully the current deal between Dish and NBC isn't up soon.

But but isn't this teh revered "free market" in action? Y'know things that don't pull their weight just "go away".

Or does this only apply to other things?

I agree. I was just pointing out that even if it is 100k, it is still only about 3/4 of 1% of all subs (a tiny dent).

On a side note, I would be willing to bet that they do lose more than 100k net subs this quarter (find out when the Q4 report is released) and I will bet that they also have a net loss during Q3 as well
And remember is not just subs who left because of the dispute, but potential new subs who did not sign up because there local RSN (as well as NatGeo and F/X) was missing.

Wait a minute...isn't this one of the big arguments against ala-carte? I thought forcing consumers to buy their programming bundled in packages was supposed to prevent this?

Just got redirected to this page from another topic and although I didn't read all 266 of the posts here, in the several pages I did read no one made mention of the fact that Echostar owns D!sh! And is it not true that Rupert Murdoch owns the whole shebang, ie, D!sh, Echostar, Fox Broadcasting, etc. And isn't Murdoch a LARGE stockholder in DTV too?

And lets not loose site of the fact that ultimately Murdoch is the one actually responsible for the demise of Cband! He initially used Cband to build his satellite network and then his pizza dish business which lead to what we see happening December 31st!

Screw the whole bunch! FTA/OTA and NO PAY TV at my house!

Just got redirected to this page from another topic and although I didn't read all 266 of the posts here, in the several pages I did read no one made mention of the fact that Echostar owns D!sh! And is it not true that Rupert Murdoch owns the whole shebang, ie, D!sh, Echostar, Fox Broadcasting, etc. And isn't Murdoch a LARGE stockholder in DTV too?

And lets not loose site of the fact that ultimately Murdoch is the one actually responsible for the demise of Cband! He initially used Cband to build his satellite network and then his pizza dish business which lead to what we see happening December 31st!

Screw the whole bunch! FTA/OTA and NO PAY TV at my house!

Geez, where to start...
Echostar and Dish split companies a couple years ago, but still based out of the same building (south part of Denver) and Charlie Ergen who has owned the company since it's inception.
Rupert Murdoch has nothing to do with, holds no position in, nor ever stops by to visit Dish or Echostar. Not sure where you find your facts, but you might want to change where you collect your research.
Glad you enjoy not paying for what you get. I happen to enjoy my Dish and and happy with what I am paying for and what I receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)