OFFICIAL Dish Network ViP 622/722 L510 Release Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here are the OFFICIAl 622/722 L510 Software Release Notes... These are not the BETA Release notes that were posted elsewhere.

* Integrate External Hard Disk Recordings into the 'My Recordings' screen

* Display HHK (Archive) counters in release builds in Counters screen

* Add support for new data dump remote

* Add a button to allow the user to cancel/stop running Check Switch

* Add Enable/Disable Screen for 908 Popup and Mode Reminder Screen Text Update

* Modify the text in the Pop-up PU 349 and pop-up 311

* Add New Regional Uplink Outage Popup

* Reboot Fixes

* DishCOMM Fixes

* IPTV (DishONLINE) Fixes

I like #1 but two features I was hoping for that aren't yet announced-

1. Folders for the external hard drive Maybe it will happen now with the inclusion to My Recordings feature.

2. Multiple USB drive support. They said this was coming. I now have two drives, I'd like on board so I can address them from the screen.

Hopefully, Dish is reading this thread!

Do you have to activate the EHD being in my recordings? I have the update but it does not show on my "Recordings" list.

So you're saying it's already rolled? To everyone? Or is there a schedule for a phased roll out?

I'm eager to see "Integrate External Hard Disk Recordings into the 'My Recordings' screen." With 2 external HDDs, it should be interesting to see how it handles matters, and how quickly. And if the info available on each recording is like what is shown for recordings on the ViP internal HDD, or the minimalist, almost useless, info now shown on the external HDD screen (esp for OTA recordings- can't even get a date recorded).

So you're saying it's already rolled? To everyone? Or is there a schedule for a phased roll out?

There is a thread in one of the Dish Network sub-Forums about which software is released to which receivers.

I'm eager to see "Integrate External Hard Disk Recordings into the 'My Recordings' screen." With 2 external HDDs, it should be interesting to see how it handles matters, and how quickly. And if the info available on each recording is like what is shown for recordings on the ViP internal HDD, or the minimalist, almost useless, info now shown on the external HDD screen (esp for OTA recordings- can't even get a date recorded).

It just looks like what has been available in DVR button->USB Storage->Manage. (DVR-4-1)

Instead of you press DVR twice ("My Recordings"), one of the Groups is "USB Storage" whenever your external drive is connected and powered on. If you select that Group, you see the same screen as DVR-4-1.

So I am confused. There is only one USB input on the 622, so when they activate multiple hard drives (or have they?), how can we hook up more than one that the same time?

So I am confused. There is only one USB input on the 622, so when they activate multiple hard drives (or have they?), how can we hook up more than one that the same time?

USB hub.

- - - -

622k? I thought there was only a 722k, and that only on paper.

Add a button to allow the user to cancel/stop running Check Switch

It may not excite many people but I have been waiting for this for over 8 years. Before you had to do a FPR or unplug it or wait 5+ mins in some cases (usually if there was a problem) for it to finish the check switch. Hope we see that on all receivers "soon".

so all the ehd recordings are gonna be mixed into my recordings? that's gonna be a mess and a lot of recordings

Hmmm. Has there been a recent OTA software fix? I've noticed my NBC channel has become incredibly more stable. It was completely unwatchable for about a year, always bringing up the yellow screen within a few seconds of video. It still drops out now, but I can usually a good bit of programming in between breaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)