OFFICIAL Dish Network ViP 622/722 L510 Release Notes

Can someone tell me if the new firmware removes the stupid purple border on the PiP?

I cannot fathom why they thought PiP needed a border - it's actually detrimental for those with a Plasma, and takes up a couple pixels of viewing area.

Just a really bad idea IMHO.

Can someone tell me if the new firmware removes the stupid purple border on the PiP?

I cannot fathom why they thought PiP needed a border - it's actually detrimental for those with a Plasma, and takes up a couple pixels of viewing area.

Just a really bad idea IMHO.

That kind of thing is partially why I won't get a plasma.

I noticed that since 5.11, my 722 jumps forward at least 30-60 seconds when I push the play button when fast forwarding with the fast forward button. Anyone else have this problem. I miss so much program that I have to back up to find out what I missed. What a pain in the ass. It makes the fast forward useless.

I noticed that since 5.11, my 722 jumps forward at least 30-60 seconds when I push the play button when fast forwarding with the fast forward button. Anyone else have this problem. I miss so much program that I have to back up to find out what I missed. What a pain in the ass. It makes the fast forward useless.

I'm having the same problem, hope they fix this soon, it seems to be jumping between 1 and 2 minutes. I cannot get to stop where I want it to.

When you are backing up and hit play it also skips back 1 or 2 minutes, imposable to stop where you want it to.

I got L511 on one of my 622s last week, and started noticing a problem with non Sat LILs (5Star Max, Tennis Channel, etc) that I thought was related to LNB Drift.

I'm getting breakups that are resulting in a loss of recording. The breakups are pixelations where the images 'melt' into each other. When I pause/rewind at the 'melt' point that's when I notice that part of the recoding is missing, but the DVR still lists the recording at the correct length. Sometimes only 10 or 15 seconds is missing and last night I noticed that 3 or 4 minute blocks a half dozen times over a two hour recording are missing.

I've noticed this only on recordings so far, not on live TV.

Last night I noticed this happening on my second 622, which just got L511 a couple of days ago. So I noticed this problem first on the 622 that got L511 first, and didnt notice it happening on my other 622 until it got L511.

Anyone else seeing something like this since L511?

I haven't seen any of that. Have you done the customary reboots like a power cord reboot yet? A good power cord unplug and replug seems to fix things after a new software update.

I have 511 on both 622s. The one that had 510 works fine. However, the one that went from 449 to 511 is having the same problems as yours.

I have 511 on both 622s. The one that had 510 works fine. However, the one that went from 449 to 511 is having the same problems as yours.

I don't have my receivers in front of me, but both of mine have been horrible lately with recordings. Since last week, when I watch a show, if I FF through commercials, it will jump 2-3 mins into the show if I stop at the end of them. Same thing happens if I rewind to get back to the end of commercials, it will go back 2-3 minutes. This morning I actually had to sit through commercial spots. :eek:

Why are you using fast forward or backwards? I use the skip features and it works like a charm. I practically never use fast forward or backwords.

Same here, I just hit the 30 seconds skip button and that works for me just fine.

The one feature I miss when I had MOXIs was that the skip button was adjustable. I had mine set for three minutes. I use my fast forward quite a bit because of the resume feature is missing when watching a My Recordings program while it is still being recorded. I sure hope they update that when the new 722 comes out. It sure is a pain for me.

My 722 has been useless since I got 510 a few days ago. It keeps freezing and then rebooting, and then won't respond to the remote after reboot. After like the 5th reboot it *may* respond. What can be done to fix it?

Edit-

Just wanted to add in here that the only way I can get it out of its reboot loop sometimes is by doing the following:

Unplug from wall
When it is doing its "Reconnecting to satellite" message upon bootup, click Menu button on the front face of the 722 unit.
Go through the menu to the Factory Default settings option. Select it.
Start setting things back up (HDTV, Local Channels), still with the panel buttons.
By now, the channel guide should be downloading. When it's done, everything should be back to normal and the remote responding.
The window of time for this is before the channel guide downloads. The Factory Default settings bit must be done before that happens or the freeze occurs.

Last edited:
Count me in with the folks having issues with HD LILs on my 722..... Lots of blocking and pixellating and picture freezes, especially on NBC and CBS.

Please fix this before the olympics gets here Dish!

First the Voom fiasco and then they break the 722. It now behaves like my 921 did, and that's NOT a good thing.

C'mon folks, you KNEW this thing was flaky yet you kept rolling it out. PLEASE get it fixed and out the door ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts