Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If yours was installed by a tech,m he probably used 2 solo hubs off the 42 switch. There are rumors on a certain forum {{Cough cough}} that if you swap those for a Duo Hub, the Hoppers can share media. That's not authorized by Dish, but some certain people who post on said Forum that have done it report no problems.

Just sayin'

Yes. You've said that before, but the way you did, I didn't quite understand. Now I do. Thank you. And if I need to do and of the work myself, getting parts, the Duo Node, is cake these days since you can get them from Walmart with 2 day shipping. And come to think of it that's the way I wanted the system installed, mentioned it here for confirmation and a bunch of people here gave severe grief and said ti wouldn't work. And you'd know better. Even more so than "Trainers" and "Field Supervisors". I will make it a point to go up and look. And will let you know. Thanks again!!

Reactions: HipKat
OK. I understand. It's obvious that certain features would not work with two "master" units. Why should it. That's the point of an H3. Would be nice though. Someday maybe. Going to another TV on the other H3 gives you that units activities. They don't "mesh".

The OD and "shared" recordings work as you described, some hiccups since U522 though, and should with two units that are capable of seeing each other. They just don't see everything between the two. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for some magic that I had yet to discover.
Is there a jumper coax connecting both Solo Hubs?

Reactions: JSheridan
Is there a jumper coax connecting both Solo Hubs?

There very well might be. I had to go up and clean up, if I can will send pics, the install when they were done and was "slightly exasperated". Not knowing what was on it's way . . . you might even say Zen . . . So visual inventory was not something I did. I'll go up tomorrow and report back. With what I have been told and will be verified, I'm sure I can get this sorted with the collective efforts offered here . . . .

Thank You!

Reactions: charlesrshell
There very well might be. I had to go up and clean up, if I can will send pics, the install when they were done and was "slightly exasperated". Not knowing what was on it's way . . . you might even say Zen . . . So visual inventory was not something I did. I'll go up tomorrow and report back. With what I have been told and will be verified, I'm sure I can get this sorted with the collective efforts offered here . . . .

Thank You!
Shouldn't be too hard. Depending on how many Joeys you have, you'll want a good splitter/splitters. Run a jumper from the 42 Switch Port 1 out to ODU 1 in on the Hub, Port 2 out to ODU 2 in. One Hopper to each of the Host Outs. Then another jumper to a splitter or connected splitters off the Client port on the Hub. I don't think it matters which port the power inserter is on, Host 1 or Host 2, but if you have issues, just go back and swap the Host Outs at the Duo Hub, then run a check switch (Home 3 Times or Settings/Diagnostics, #3 for Dish, #5 for Test Installation) on each Hopper

I had a fellow tech try that and it caused instant Moca problems the other day, because he was out of Duo Hubs.
When the internal DISH technician installed my two Hopper 3s, he used two Solo Hubs with a coax jumper connecting both Solo Hubs. Everything worked great. Both H3s could see each other and both my 4K joeys worked good too. As soon as he left I removed both Solo Hubs and installed a Duo Hub that I purchased from dishdepot.com. Again, everything works great.

DPH42 Switch Hopper 3.jpg

If yours was installed by a tech,m he probably used 2 solo hubs off the 42 switch. There are rumors on a certain forum {{Cough cough}} that if you swap those for a Duo Hub, the Hoppers can share media. That's not authorized by Dish, but some certain people who post on said Forum that have done it report no problems.

Just sayin'

Yup. That's what was done. Two singles with a jumper. While I was up there surveying the world, I went back over the conversation with the Tech (in my head, it was very one sided) and for some reason I think he said that a Dual Solo's were the only way, for what I think was something to do with the power inserter to the switch. But since I used the charles obscene board way back as a guide while I was figuring out what I wanted, thinking that I would have to direct the Tech. He's done what I could do just to clean things up. And since I'm stripped down to almost nothing, that would be nice.

dishcables1.jpg

Both boxes can share media now and the U522 update cleaned up cross interactivity nicely. But it sure would make things cleaner. I had it over wired when we got the 2 HwS's and a Joey. Now with two H3's we got rid of the Joey and I modulated the everything as when I first installed back when self install was all there was and it was "One Box, One TV". I made it 4 boxes, one VCR/DVD all TV's.

For the price, getting a Duo would be nothing even if it didn't work well. I'll just put in my DISH stuff pile, suitcase, boxes. But since charles has proven it will, so. I'm going to go nutz with Cat 7 and go new tech on all levels of distribution.

Thanks Guys!!

Yup. That's what was done. Two singles with a jumper. While I was up there surveying the world, I went back over the conversation with the Tech (in my head, it was very one sided) and for some reason I think he said that a Dual Solo's were the only way, for what I think was something to do with the power inserter to the switch. But since I used the charles obscene board way back as a guide while I was figuring out what I wanted, thinking that I would have to direct the Tech. He's done what I could do just to clean things up. And since I'm stripped down to almost nothing, that would be nice.

Ordered the Duo from Walmart. "I KNOW!" Curious to see what blows up. WLYK.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Got the Duo Hub and just installed it . . .

IMG_3586.JPG

Not only did it clean things up nicely, the system is working great. The initial System Check on the second H3 took forever and I was starting to think this was not gonna work. I went up to the H3 that the power inserter is on and it fired right up. I jumped through a bunch of channels and it responded quickly. That's Grandma's so I didn't do the System Check thinking I might break it. I went back to the other and the check was all done. I closed my eyes and ran it again and it finished in no time flat. Not sure if things needed to "settle" or what. The two H3's seem to be interacting a bit quicker and cleaner above and beyond what U522 did to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)