Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Unpairing seems to work, but... Many people don't have to unpair. That makes no sense to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
If you still have the old equipment in the loop, like attempting to transfer recordings from Hopper to Hopper, you need to un-pair. Otherwise you shouldn't.

Well first I want to thank everyone in other sections of Satellite Guys for answering my numerous questions about Dish Network technical workings.
I installed my Hopper 3 and the eastern arc LNBF Hybrid on my 1000.2 dish with no problems.

The only thing to note was that even though I only have 1 Hopper 3 and no Joeys I used a dual hub since I have 2 feedlines
coming in from my dish. I did terminate the unused ports on the hub.

The only question was when I went to activate the receiver to my account. The customer service rep first said she couldn't activate
it because more hardware was required to be installed. I jumped on that and stated I bought the receiver and installed it and the
additional hardware myself. She put me on hold for about 30 seconds and came back and said everything was OK and she sent the
"hit" and even before I got off the phone the authorization process started. So my Dish Network customer service experience
was a whole lot better than my last a week ago.

After reading the remote guide and the Hopper 3 Features Guide I have only 1 question. When I'm on the Guide screen is there anyway to through
my Favorite lists without going to the Guide options screen?

Again thanks to everyone for your help that let me install my Hopper 3 without any problems.

I believe we have a bug. I know it's difficult to see, but the top three episodes show that they have been viewed. We haven't touched these recordings. With most new recordings, when we select them to play them, the popup menu shows "Resume", but nobody has ever started watching them. Anybody else having this issue?

24553214754_211c1c077e_k.jpg

I believe we have a bug. I know it's difficult to see, but the top three episodes show that they have been viewed. We haven't touched these recordings. With most new recordings, when we select them to play them, the popup menu shows "Resume", but nobody has ever started watching them. Anybody else having this issue?

24553214754_211c1c077e_k.jpg

Make sure "Prepare for Mobile" is turned Off in the Timers Defaults

Make sure "Prepare for Mobile" is turned Off in the Timers Defaults
Timer Default Settings in the Settings menu doesn't have this setting. I am looking on my Joey 4K. Is this setting only on the Hopper?
Also, why would half of the episodes be correct and the most recent 3 be incorrect?

Timer Default Settings in the Settings menu doesn't have this setting. I am looking on my Joey 4K. Is this setting only on the Hopper?
Also, why would half of the episodes be correct and the most recent 3 be incorrect?
The setting is only available from the H3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My install was a nightmare my techs first install of the hopper3.31/2 hours to install 1 hopper3 I was going out of my mind.I want to thank all you people for the education on the hopper3.I had to help my tech with info the man was lost,he was driving a dish van so he must have got some training somewhere right?.....UNBELEAVABLE.......
My God you guys are a bunch of pansies.
There is so much misinformation on these forums.
First of all, there is no training with new equipment. Never has been, never will be. Dish expects to learn about their systems based on tech feedback. That's how we learn.
Second, to the guy complaining about a 3 hour install - that's how long they take, buddy. Experienced techs can usually cut a half hour out, but with new equipment your install time was NORMAL. Calm down.
And finally, there is no information on the portal. There wasn't a month ago when we started the H3s and there still isn't. There is no where to go learn about it.
Overall the H3 upgrade has gone extremely well.
In my 20 years of installing satellite systems, the people with the most problems are usually caused by them. Whether it be your home or often times your personality and how you act during the tech visit. Not saying there aren't bad techs out there, there absolutely is.
Some of the comments on here are just ridiculous.
Oh... And there was no "push-back" on H3 installs. You must've been going through a retailer that ran out of equipment. Truth.

Timer Default Settings in the Settings menu doesn't have this setting. I am looking on my Joey 4K. Is this setting only on the Hopper? ...

Set it on the Hopper. That's where recordings are made. When you do change it, it will not retroactively fix the prior recordings, but it's pretty simple to click on "start over", isn't it?

Reactions: Patrick Smith
My God you guys are a bunch of pansies.
There is so much misinformation on these forums.
First of all, there is no training with new equipment. Never has been, never will be. Dish expects to learn about their systems based on tech feedback. That's how we learn.
Second, to the guy complaining about a 3 hour install - that's how long they take, buddy. Experienced techs can usually cut a half hour out, but with new equipment your install time was NORMAL. Calm down.
And finally, there is no information on the portal. There wasn't a month ago when we started the H3s and there still isn't. There is no where to go learn about it.
Overall the H3 upgrade has gone extremely well.
In my 20 years of installing satellite systems, the people with the most problems are usually caused by them. Whether it be your home or often times your personality and how you act during the tech visit. Not saying there aren't bad techs out there, there absolutely is.
Some of the comments on here are just ridiculous.
Oh... And there was no "push-back" on H3 installs. You must've been going through a retailer that ran out of equipment. Truth.

"First of all, there is no training with new equipment. Never has been, never will be."
That seems crazy! I'm not complaining, my install went fine but it was asking for help on this forum that got our tech unstuck setting up our H3. Seems like an odd way to introduce an a new product to the world.

The setting is only available from the H3.
Why can't we set timers to be prepare for mobile using the Joey? It's just a setting. It's not like we're trying to transfer recordings to our mobile devices using the Joey. I don't like that options are being limited on the Joey.

Also, what does preparing a recording have to do with whether or not a show has been watched or not?

...but it's pretty simple to click on "start over", isn't it?

Yeah, it is, but that's not the point. We use it to determine if we've watched the show or not. It's definitely a bug.

Why can't we set timers to be prepare for mobile using the Joey? It's just a setting. It's not like we're trying to transfer recordings to our mobile devices using the Joey. I don't like that options are being limited on the Joey.

Also, what does preparing a recording have to do with whether or not a show has been watched or not?

Yeah, it is, but that's not the point. We use it to determine if we've watched the show or not. It's definitely a bug.

Relax, it just shouldn't have been set to "on" as the default. In preparing for mobile the Hopper went through the recoding, hence the 100% watched - a very minor bug if not a feature.

It's been 4 days now with my hopper 3 and 4k joeys and I must say I'm impressed. Never having to worry about recording conflicts (like I did once in a while with Directv) is a huge peace of mind. I do have a couple questions:

I activated my free year of netflix yesterday and it works great on the hopper 3 but on the 4k joeys I get the message to "check back later". I thought I had read somewhere that netflix was active already on the joeys?

On directv they have a feature called doubleplay where you tune to one channel then push the down arrow to start another tuner and tune to a different program. Pressing the down arrow switches between the tuners and each tuner remains active and pauses the program when you leave the tuner and resumes it when you come back. It's a nice feature to watch 2 football games at once without using picture in picture. Does Dish have something similar that I'm not seeing?

Thanks to anyone who replies!