Official Letter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Turn the lights out guys :( Thank you NPS and Charlie Ergan for all your help to destroy the 4DTV. May your futures be dark.

Attachments

• official.jpg
    official.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Weird, I did a screen cap now and it's as a jpg.

The 4DTV refuses to die :eek:

time to list them on ebay, and fast.. (not that I have one, sold mine a while back for good $$$ lol)

caveat emptor
Sounds like those christians who sold their BJ equipment when BJ Homesat announced they would cease satellite distribution.

BUY IT. But it'll be useless soon. :confused:

This just seems odd. Clearly there will be an untapped market. 18,000 users is what a small to midsized cable company would hope to achieve. Why doesn't Comcast bite the bullet and offer these services as an extension of there regular C Band customers with Modern equipment and a modern encryption system.

I do not know why I feel so annoyed by this, I just do.

18,000 is a good number IMO but to companies like Motorola it's chump change. Now 18,000 have to find a different way for programming. NPS Charlie and now also Motorola are on my list for being the top jerks out there. My decision to move to DirecTV a few weeks back was highly swayed by a few factors.

1) 4DTV support stopping.
2) Channels lost in the last few years.
3) Refuse to give any more money to NPS and Motorola.
4) Totally hate Dish Networks Charlie Ergan.

It was a very hard decision to move to DirecTV. The straw that broke the camels back was when it became official that the support would end Dec 31.

I also hold very little hope for W5 to be picked up by Comcast for the 4D. Not that it isn't technically possible, but they just don't want to I think. I will not invest in a 410 because there is no promise of longevity with that out dated system. I just don't want to invest and get screwed again Dec 31 2011 or whenever Comcast throws in the towel for the 410. Getting only 4.5 years out of my almost $600 4DTV is a bad return on my investment, since my Monterey 50 gave me 16 years.

Nice things about Direct are, I can turn it on, my channels are there, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. No longer do I have to live with this wondering cloud over me about what will happen to the 4DTV or my favorite channels that's been there since February when NPS started their evil game for Charlie.

Last edited:
I agree - if I pay for pizza it will be with Direct TV, Charlie Ergan/Dish Network will never get one red cent out of me.

May have to resort to extreme measures once again...

If you go to DirecTv I think you'll be happy so far I'm pretty satisfied. Come join Ice & I as happy DirecTv subscribers for your cable fare.

I think what we need to focus on now are options to keep our 4DTV usable for any free DC-2 we can receive. We can not allow Motorola to turn these receivers into bricks. Some of us have a fair amount of money invested in our 4DTV's and use them for moving our dishes and for DVB and enjoy when DC-2 goes ITC. We need to at the least be able to continue this even without Motorola's support. Has anyone contacted Rod Hewitt about the revival of 4 play or something else yet?

BTW I don' t have pizza I have mini bud/supersize pizza

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/220018-new-rainfade-solution.html

The new trend has begun :)

Last edited:
QUOTE=tvropro;2264676]If you go to DirecTv I think you'll be happy...[/QUOTE]

I had DirecTv years ago and left because of the rising costs and paying for extra junk! :mad:

The package I would have to buy would be over $60 to get the channels I want and through the 4DTV it was half of that! They should offer some kind of build your own package if they cannot do alacart! I do not want the locals, all those sports channels, I do not want to pay for what I can get FTA, I do not need 50 music only channels, no movies because I have Netflix and that has been working out great! I was receiving 99.9% of programming that I wanted through 4DTV until charlie messed it up!!!... :rant:

QUOTE=tvropro;2264676]If you go to DirecTv I think you'll be happy...

I had DirecTv years ago and left because of the rising costs and paying for extra junk! :mad:

The package I would have to buy would be over $60 to get the channels I want and through the 4DTV it was half of that! They should offer some kind of build your own package if they cannot do alacart! I do not want the locals, all those sports channels, I do not want to pay for what I can get FTA, I do not need 50 music only channels, no movies because I have Netflix and that has been working out great! I was receiving 99.9% of programming that I wanted through 4DTV until charlie messed it up!!!... :rant:[/QUOTE]

I feel for you and know where your coming from. I have Choice with Direct and pay $24.99 a month for year one. I will probably downgrade to the family pack next year at $29.99. That's all I really wanted anyway, but I could get choice for less for the first year. I loved my Bud subs and 4DTV but it ain't coming back unless we see Doc Brown from the movie Back to the Future and take a ride in his time machine. :yikes

Will a 410 and W5 work for you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)