Official New Dish'n it up offer for current subs

I can't even log in to the DishNetwork website. Everytime I enter my username and password, I get either a blank screen or the "couldn't find web page" screen.

Well. I just got off the phone with a guy that was very well spoken, American, of course. He was quite knowledgeable and I hated that I couldn't go ahead and get the upgrade. Unfortunately, he said the computers were down and he had expected them to be back up about 15 minutes ago. He told me to call back within the hour and I should be able to order the 622 upgrade. He was very nice and, as I said, knowledgeable. When I call again, I'm sure I'll get an idiot who knows nothing of the current promotion.

don't think so

Do you have a 625 now? If not I am pretty sure you can only get the 622 with the promotion. Obviously you can keep the 625 if you have it.

Does anybody know if you can get a 622 and a 625 with the dish'n it up?

This may sound like a really dumb question. Is the DVR Advantage basically intended only to be like the dishing it up program? I thought it was also a way for existing custs who already have a 622 to lock in a reduced rate by committing either to autopay or an 18 month committment apart from ordering a new 622.

Got an answer to my own question. It is offerred and I got the discount for the DVR
Advantage. Computers were coming back up as I called. Very pleased with the call and with the rep I talked to. Was not routed overseas. If everything works out the way it was quoted Dish has made me very happy.

Well, I emailed the person I had been talking with from the ceo email and he has yet to respond. I also sent another email to the ceo email (not the person I was talking to) and havent heard anything yet. Hopefully they will let me know something tomorrow.

I currently have A.T. 180, HBO, locals, HD Pack (old package), 811 HD receiver, a 625 DVR and a 311 stand alone receiver. I want to upgrade to the ViP622 and turn in the 811, turn in the 311 and KEEP the 625. Packages: A.T. 250 or Dish DVR Advantage (not sure which would be my best bet), HD package, Locals, and HBO.

Just wanting to know the upfront cost and monthly.

I called back after emailing them and getting a reply back that said they were having issues this morning and to give another try.
This time I got the following
$149 upfront
$50 rebate
$10x10 months rebate
So a free 622 after rebate

$49.99 DVR advantage
$20.00 HD
No additional fees
$69.99 total per month plus tax

No install charge, 18 month commitment

So I am doing the upgrade (on the phone right now)

The Question I have is when they do the install do they furnish an HDMI cable or Component or either. Maybe someone knows the answer to this ?.

Neither one comes with the receiver.

I knew that neither cable came with the receiver, but I thought on a dish install they might hook up all the way to the tv. Thanks, maybe someone else that has had an install lately can chime in.

The monthly cost for DTV's Total Choice Premier would be 107.95
Looks like sever dollars a month savings plus a free portable DVD player from DTV if I switch. Tough decision because I really haven't had any problems with Dish.
According to any number of threads on this site, the DTV HD picture quality is not as good as Dish, and the DTA DVRs are not as good as Dish.
Those seem worth a couple of dollars per month - especially if you can already afford over $100 each month for TV.

One question that has NOT been answered YET is regarding the TiVO Lawsuit vs Dish Networks DVR's. Is that settled BEFORE I buy a 622?
I have HD Gold Package + Multi Sport and Locals (Not in HD yet)
411,311 and the standard Dual Tuner Receiver (Not sure of that model number)

I upgraded with Dish it up when they first came out with the 211/411 receivers....(How long ago was that?)
Wonder what deal they will give me.....?

Well, I just completed my upgrade. :)

Previous:
DVR-942, AT180+Locals, HD Pack, Ins.

Now:
DVR-942, did not trade up, will keep for a little while longer
VIP622 - $149 up front, $50 Bonus (he called it that), $10 off for 10 months
DishDVR Advantage AT250 and DishHD, Ins.
Dish Installation included, next Saturday.

Total including the fee on the 942 and after the $10 for 10mo = $73.99/mo before taxes. After 10 months, $10/mo more.

I talked for about 15 minutes to Kumar, a well spoken gentleman who was not quite up-to-speed on all the changes at the beginning of our conversation but was much smarter when we completed my changes. ;)

Thanks SatGuys!

So you got a new 622 (no trade-in required) and still get it for ~free after credits & rebates?

What Would I get for sending my 942 Back?

I was going to send it back but I may keep it since The "fees (except the lease) seem to be includes is there any limit to this?

Thanks In advance,
cegarrett

I knew that neither cable came with the receiver, but I thought on a dish install they might hook up all the way to the tv. Thanks, maybe someone else that has had an install lately can chime in.

I upgraded to a 622 several months ago and the installer supplied the component cable. Was very nice of him!

I upgraded to a 622 several months ago and the installer supplied the component cable. Was very nice of him!

Thanks, I thought they might supply a component cable. My brother-in-law is getting an install Tuesday, I just as well tell him to buy a HDMI cable and have it ready.

I would think that you should not expect the installer to give you something he does not get from dish as it would be an out of pocket expence to him, that being said, I am sure if you have the cables they would be more than happy to use them on the install

Currently have 3 receivers, 942,6000,301
have dishes at 61,110/119,129

I want to upgrade the 301 to a 622. Dish person says that
all new hd programing is on 118, so i need a new dish, and
the dish and the receiver have to be installed by an installer.

Also when they upgrade the programming they will turn off
the hd on the 942, making it pretty useless.

Correct??? What should I do??

Thanks, I thought they might supply a component cable. My brother-in-law is getting an install Tuesday, I just as well tell him to buy a HDMI cable and have it ready.

That's a good idea to have the HDMI cable ready. I got my 622 last Friday and to my surprise it came with Components, HDMI to DVI and adapter cable, Composite, S-Video, Phone, RG-59, etc. To my surprise it came with all kind of cables, maybe Dish Network finally realized that people need the cables to connect the receiver to the TV.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts