Official New Dish'n it up offer for current subs

I called and asked about the 622, they offered it to me for $149 minus a $50 credit. Plus a $10/month credit on the HD package for 10 months, essentially making it free. Also asked them about my dish since I have the Dish 500, and the rep said there would be a free dish upgrade as well. Not too shabby.

I did the Dish'n it up in November and I am being penalized because of it. Dish said that I can not do another upgrade for 12 months. I am still paying them $149 and turning back in my 625 SD DVR box? Any ideas? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I called and asked about the 622, they offered it to me for $149 minus a $50 credit. Plus a $10/month credit on the HD package for 10 months, essentially making it free. Also asked them about my dish since I have the Dish 500, and the rep said there would be a free dish upgrade as well. Not too shabby.

What did you upgrade from? Were you an HD customer? I want to upgrade from a 211 but I'm not sure if I would qualify for the $10/month HD credit.

I plan on upgrading too, I have a 522 now, wonder if they will want that back?

What is your total monthly cost then? I'm thinking going from the 250 package to the 200 +HD. No locals since I get great OTA HD signals, I'm assuming I can manually record OTA signals with the 622. Do they charge you a $5 fee for the receiver? I know they used to waive it if it was connected to a phone line 24/7.

I need to sell this to the wife. :devil:

Later
JimC

There is an addional $50 mail-in rebate on the receiver.
The lease charge on a VIP-622 is $6

I thought I knew how DVR Advantage works but at this point I have no clue.
Apparently the dish Web person is also clueless. I just [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Build your Dish thingie.
It's is broken as it adds HD-enable fee of $6 /month plus a $20/ Month HD pack fee.
huh ?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And the offer of DishDVR advantage wich is supposed to be $49.99 also does not work.. the math is wrong ! Shows a total of $59.97 plus $20 for the hD pack.
Sheeesh these guys are morrons !

[/FONT]

So I just called them about the DVR advantage, and here is what I was offered:

I am currently a subscriber (old 60 plus locals plus original HD package) been with them for about 6 years.

DVR Advantage HD
18 mo commitment
$149 up front
$100 rebate (10 months)
So I have to pay $49 for the leased receiver. Installation included, no additional charge.

$49.99 DVR Advantage
$20.00 HD channels
$5 lease fee

I said to the service rep (who was actually very nice) that I thought all fees were included in the $49.99, but she said no since the receiver is leased I have to pay $5. I said forget it.

Anyone else who calls - please post what you are offered here! Thanks

What did you upgrade from? Were you an HD customer? I want to upgrade from a 211 but I'm not sure if I would qualify for the $10/month HD credit.

I was already an HD customer so I guess that is why they are not budging. I just sent an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com to see if I can get any response. I guess it is worth a shot.

Currently I have an 811 and two 311 receivers, with a Dish 500. I used to have the $9.99 HD package a long time ago but cancelled it. So now I just have the top 120 package (top 200 now), plus HBO & Showtime. I'm not sure if you'll get the $10/month HD credit if you currently have the HD package or not.

Ok, I'll make this even more confusing.

I just finished a 52 minute call with 'Harry', very likely in India. After much fact checking on his part he finally concluded that the DVR ADVANTAGE does include the lease fee. I stepped through it with him many times. He took a while to confirm it but that was what he said. I even said are you 100% sure and he said yes. I made him put notes on my account which stated that and also summed up the offer he gave me.

Hmmmmmm......

Anyway, my offer was $149 up front with 10 $20 DishHD credits. That includes installation. (I have been a sub since Jan 97.)

I did the Dish'n it up in November and I am being penalized because of it. Dish said that I can not do another upgrade for 12 months. I am still paying them $149 and turning back in my 625 SD DVR box? Any ideas? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

just talked to someone (30 minutes ago) from E* CEO office. here is how it went...

I upgraded to a 211 last December. Now I want a 622 to "swap out" the 211 and a 625. The CSR said "no can do" -- only option is to buy a 622 for $549(?). I emailed ceo@echostar.com. A gentlemen called within an hour (wow, great customer service).

the offer is: 622 for $149 upfront, $50 Dish'n It UP credit + $10/month x10 in forms of credit. I need to (1) send back the old receivers (Dish will send me some postage-paid boxes); and (2) send in a form for the credits. The gentlemen can't direct me to the form over the phone, said he was gonna email the forms and contact to me (still waiting).

again, really impressed.

aslo, a 622 comes with two fees -- $6 "leased equipment" + $5 DVR fee. I don't have a landline phone so there is also a $5 "program access fee".

Ok, I'll make this even more confusing.

I just finished a 52 minute call with 'Harry', very likely in India. After much fact checking on his part he finally concluded that the DVR ADVANTAGE does include the lease fee. I stepped through it with him many times. He took a while to confirm it but that was what he said. I even said are you 100% sure and he said yes. I made him put notes on my account which stated that and also summed up the offer he gave me.

Hmmmmmm......

Anyway, my offer was $149 up front with 10 $20 DishHD credits. That includes installation. (I have been a sub since Jan 97.)

Don't believe anything until you receive a bill without the lease fee on it. The CSR will tell you anything to try and sell you (then of course they'll deny they ever claimed there's no lease fee when it does pop up)

My dish it up ..web page shows $149 for the vIP-622. No install fee and a $50 credit in the form of a mail-in rebate. No link to the mail-in rebate at this point.
Also the $100 rebate at $10/month for 10 months seems to have disapeared.

Well, I just completed my upgrade. :)

Previous:
DVR-942, AT180+Locals, HD Pack, Ins.

Now:
DVR-942, did not trade up, will keep for a little while longer
VIP622 - $149 up front, $50 Bonus (he called it that), $10 off for 10 months
DishDVR Advantage AT250 and DishHD, Ins.
Dish Installation included, next Saturday.

Total including the fee on the 942 and after the $10 for 10mo = $73.99/mo before taxes. After 10 months, $10/mo more.

I talked for about 15 minutes to Kumar, a well spoken gentleman who was not quite up-to-speed on all the changes at the beginning of our conversation but was much smarter when we completed my changes. ;)

Thanks SatGuys!

Well, I just completed my upgrade. :)

Previous:
DVR-942, AT180+Locals, HD Pack, Ins.

Now:
DVR-942, did not trade up, will keep for a little while longer
VIP622 - $149 up front, $50 Bonus (he called it that), $10 off for 10 months
DishDVR Advantage AT250 and DishHD, Ins.
Dish Installation included, next Saturday.

Total including the fee on the 942 and after the $10 for 10mo = $73.99/mo before taxes. After 10 months, $10/mo more.

I talked for about 15 minutes to Kumar, a well spoken gentleman who was not quite up-to-speed on all the changes at the beginning of our conversation but was much smarter when we completed my changes. ;)

Thanks SatGuys!

What leasing fee's and DVR fee's did that include?

just talked to someone (30 minutes ago) from E* CEO office. here is how it went...

I upgraded to a 211 last December. Now I want a 622 to "swap out" the 211 and a 625. The CSR said "no can do" -- only option is to buy a 622 for $549(?). I emailed ceo@echostar.com. A gentlemen called within an hour (wow, great customer service).

the offer is: 622 for $149 upfront, $50 Dish'n It UP credit + $10/month x10 in forms of credit. I need to (1) send back the old receivers (Dish will send me some postage-paid boxes); and (2) send in a form for the credits. The gentlemen can't direct me to the form over the phone, said he was gonna email the forms and contact to me (still waiting).

again, really impressed.

aslo, a 622 comes with two fees -- $6 "leased equipment" + $5 DVR fee. I don't have a landline phone so there is also a $5 "program access fee".

The shut me down too so I am going to have to try an e-mail like you did, hope it works!!

I recently had an email and phone conversation with someone from ceo@echostar.com.
Below is the last emeil exchange, hope this is not too confusing:

Dear xxxxxx,

In reference to our conversation Thursday Jan 25th concerning my question about an additional HD receiver:

(Also, I am about to purchase a second HDTV. Is there any way I can add a second HD receiver

to my package without a lot of expense or extra monthly charges?)

If I remember correctly you said I could exchange my 311 for a 211 for $49. Is that shipped to me or installed? I would install it myself if that would waive the $49 cost.

Also, I have seen where the programming packages and pricing are changing Feb 1....

What is the best deal I can get by changing to the following package with listed receivers.

625 - currently have

211 - currently have

211 - exchange for 311

DVR Advantage with AT 250 (includes locals?)

HD pack

2 Movie channels

DHHP (no charge if enrolled in credit card auto pay?)

I also have 6 months of 10.00 credits remaining on my HD Gold package.

or: Is there an equivelant to the HD Platinum package with the new packages?

I am referencing Direct TV's current promotion which would provide the following package and cost:

Total Choice Plus (includes locals)

HD pack free for 12 months

Stars and Showtime free for 12 months

Sports Pack

DVR receiver

2 HD receiver

1 standard receiver

Protection Plan

$10 credit for 12 months

Total Monthly Cost for 12 months: $87

Reply from Dish

Dear zzzzzzz,

The VIP 211 HD receiver is normally $49.00 for the upgrade lease fee if shipped or installed. If we ship the VIP 211 we would be willing to waive the $49.00 fee.

Using our pricing calculator for requesting programming below effective 2/1/07 the monthly cost would be $110.99 before your $10.00 a month credits are applied. This includes DVR Advantage with AT 250, locals, HD package – two premium movie channels of your choice and additional receiver charges with the DHPP at no cost with credit card auto pay.

The equivalent of HD Platinum is $122.01 which includes all of the above plus two additional premium movie packages.

Thanks.

xxxxx

The monthly cost for DTV's Total Choice Premier would be 107.95
Looks like sever dollars a month savings plus a free portable DVD player from DTV if I switch. Tough decision because I really haven't had any problems with Dish.

SUCCESS FOR A CURRENT SUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew hew!!!

Well here is a true success story spread the word to the troops! I called in and talked to CS which is about worthless. I wanted to of course switch from the 625 box to the 622 box. I did the Dish'n it up in November and I was promptly shut down. So I sent an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com and within 5 minutes I received a call from corporate and a rep by the name of Mark Duffey hooked me up!! I got the 622 HD DVR for $149 and I get $50 credit so it will be $99. I am getting it installed Saturday in time for the big game!! Hail Dish Network!!! So go to it if you are a current SUB.

What leasing fee's and DVR fee's did that include?

The DVR Advantage includes any fees for the 622 so the 942 still has its DVR fee. I haven't rechecked this but I thought that the insurance was included in the DVR Advantage but Kumar said it was not so I am paying that. Maybe the 622 is already covered but not the 942.

I was able to get things done so smoothly, I wasn't going to start trying to stop the process to debate fees today!

I called and waited for 20 mins before an english speaking CSR answered the phone. I got the DVRadvantage w/HD and the 622.

I paid $149 I was told I'll get a $50 rebate and the $10 for 10 since I am a new subscriber to HD. This an upgrade from AT180 with a 625 DVR. My install in Monday betweek 8am and 12pm. I know I need a Dish1000 to get the 129 satellite location. but I wasn't quoted an install fee. Sweet!

This may sound like a really dumb question. Is the DVR Advantage basically intended only to be like the dishing it up program? I thought it was also a way for existing custs who already have a 622 to lock in a reduced rate by committing either to autopay or an 18 month committment apart from ordering a new 622.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)