This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Official SatelliteGuys CBS / DISH Dispute Thread

That makes sense.

Reactions: pattykay
If you live in (or "move" to) a market without a CW, you get WPIX from New York, which is one of the Superstations.

Odd, I have had Dish for years. During that time, I have lived in an area that has never had access to CW. The only super station I have is KWGN in Denver. I can not get WPIX. What's the procedure to get that?

Isolated area called Alpena, Michigan. Northeast side of the upper lower-penninsula.

You're covered by spot beam 13 & 22 on Western Arc and spot beam 6 on Eastern Arc. You might be able to get WPIX if you "move" to Grand Rapids, Peoria, Rockford or Traverse City. None of those show a CW in their lineups.

Spotbeam 13: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network ALL

Spotbeam 22: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network ALL

Spotbeam 6: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network

Huh? Look closely. Alpena does not show CW in its lineup either. That was the whole point. I shouldn't have to move to get WPIX.

The CW affiliate station in Alpena, MI is owned and operated by Charter as a cable only service using the fictitious call letters "WBAE". I don't know if that's enough to block Dish from offering an out of market alternative CW station or not under the current FCC rules.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Dish doesn’t carry it, though, right?

Maybe I don’t understand the question because either you’re referring to it being carried by dish a part from the local package Or I am thinking that the fact that I get it all means it’s carried by dish

Maybe I don’t understand the question because either you’re referring to it being carried by dish a part from the local package Or I am thinking that the fact that I get it all means it’s carried by dish

What I mean is, based on "The List," Dish doesn't carry a CW from Peoria, unless that's what "WEEK3" is.

Like other locals, it’s not a matter of whether it’s carried by Dish or not, but by whether or not there is a CW in the area. From what has been posted, it appears there is another CW in the area, just not available to other providers.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Like other locals, it’s not a matter of whether it’s carried by Dish or not, but by whether or not there is a CW in the area. From what has been posted, it appears there is another CW in the area, just not available to other providers.

Joplin has KXSF which is a CW and I still get WPIX, although I believe it’s currently not broadcasting OTA and only available on cable