Official SatelliteGuys CBS / DISH Dispute Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
btw I do not get wpix in my area i have locals * they are having a honey mooners marathon. ... to bad i cant see it. hmm that sucks. they should include that channel in my area. i would even pay extra if they added that channel. :)

Wilkes Barre, PA - CW (WSWB)
SD.gif
HD.gif

Your market already has a CW, so that’s why they don’t give you WPIX. You’d have to “move” to a market that doesn’t have a CW

Last edited:
Yes Ironically those of us with Superstations likely will not lose WSBK.
Nope. I have Superstations and have lost WSBK as a result of this dispute. I chatted online with a Dish rep and was told that WSBK might NOT return to the line-up seeing as the Superstations are no longer being offered. I was then offered a one-time $5 credit to my account.

Nope. I have Superstations and have lost WSBK as a result of this dispute. I chatted online with a Dish rep and was told that WSBK might NOT return to the line-up seeing as the Superstations are no longer being offered. I was then offered a one-time $5 credit to my account.

You missed by later post...and that it may yet come back...

I'm never wrong..... er... uh..... never mind.
Though.... do I remember correctly we lost a superstation last time there was a dispute but it was put back?
Yes! We went through this during the Tribune dispute, when the only stations left were WSBK and WWOR. KTLA, KWGN and WPIX were all blacked-out mistakenly for a month and a half. They restored them, explained that they should not have been blacked out, and adjusted my account $9 and some change.

I was under the impression the Superstations fell under a different set of rules.

Reactions: pattykay
This wouldn't really bother me at all if my old single-tuner OTA adapter worked properly with my Hopper 3 - unfortunately, all OTA channels have blocking and tearing and are unwatchable (despite strong signal strength). I have seen mixed reports about whether the dual-tuner OTA module works any better - anyone have any experience with that?

This wouldn't really bother me at all if my old single-tuner OTA adapter worked properly with my Hopper 3 - unfortunately, all OTA channels have blocking and tearing and are unwatchable (despite strong signal strength). I have seen mixed reports about whether the dual-tuner OTA module works any better - anyone have any experience with that?

I have the dual on my H3 and it works great

Reactions: pattykay

The OTA module is not the issue, it's something with the receivers. Jsheridan has duplicated the issue on an affected receiver with both tuner models.

Reactions: JSheridan
The OTA module is not the issue, it's something with the receivers. Jsheridan has duplicated the issue on an affected receiver with both tuner models.

I think it was KAB who had a different result and reports that he found only single tuners are afflicted with the break-ups on some receivers.

I can definitely confirm that both models are afflicted with the OTA channels disappearing from the guide problem on some receivers.

Luckily I'm not currently having any of the OTA problems that others are having with the last couple of software versions. :)

It's available on Netflix outside of the US.
If only there was some technology that allowed you to connect to the Internet virtually via a private network server in another country.
Then, you'd be able to watch it with your regular Netflix account. If only such a thing existed.

Guys come on. I am shocked. Shocked I tell you to see talk of such things on this board!

Posted at dishpromise.com:

CBS Corporation, the Owner of Your Local Station(s)
Updated November 23, 2017 at 10:00pm MT

Good news! DISH and CBS Corporation have reached a long-term agreement. Your local programming has been restored.

If you requested an Over-The-Air antenna and it has not yet been fulfilled, the order has been cancelled.

Posted at dishpromise.com:

If you requested an Over-The-Air antenna and it has not yet been fulfilled, the order has been cancelled.
This is the part that I disagree with. If the customer qualified for the free antenna at the time that they placed the order, then Dish should still fulfill the offer. The timing was not the customer's fault since the customer had no say over when the contract would be reached to restore the missing programming. If they go through with the antenna installation, then they will be prepared for the next dispute with a local channel. Also, the freebie will generate a little good will to help make up for the time that the customer went without the local programming. Furthermore, in some markets, Dish was offering free antennas before the local stations were dropped, so the fact that the local stations are back now should not matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)