HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
http://www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2004_08_18.html
DELPHI AND XM INTRODUCE "SKYFi2" SATELLITE RADIO RECEIVER

skifi-satguy.jpg

All-new SKYFi2 includes first-ever pause and replay features

Washington D.C., August 18, 2004 -- Delphi Corp. (NYSE: DPH), a pioneer of in-vehicle entertainment and electronics, and XM Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: XMSR), America's No. 1 satellite radio service, are introducing another breakthrough product, the new Delphi XM "SKYFi2" - the next generation SKYFi satellite radio receiver.

The Delphi XM SKYFi2 takes SKYFi, the best selling satellite radio receiver ever, and makes it even better by adding several new exciting features, including the first-ever "pause" and "replay" functions for satellite radio. Utilizing leading edge technology, the "30 Minute Replay" function continuously and automatically saves the last 30 minutes of programming - including programming from multiple XM channels. In addition, listeners can pause the program they are listening to with the option to playback that programming within 30 minutes. The unit also has a built-in wireless FM modulator, personalized stock ticker, personalized sports scores, a clock, TuneSelectâ„¢ by song and artist and much more.

The new vehicle kit is upgraded for wireless FM modulation through the antenna allowing users to easily self-install SKYFi2 in their vehicle. SKYFi2 also features a new, easier to read display and will work with all existing SKYFi accessories including the Delphi CD Audio System. Additional features include a large scroll wheel, convenient remote control, direct channel entry, the ability to preview and channel search by channel name, artists and song titles, and 30 channel presets. All of this combines to give users the most opportunity to experience more than 120 XM channels of revolutionary programming including news, sports, traffic, weather, and 68 commercial-free music channels.

"Our new Delphi XM SKYFi2 is the first satellite radio receiver to offer listeners the ability to pause and replay their favorite XM program," said Joe Damato, director of consumer electronics for Delphi Product & Service Solutions. "Everyone has experienced the frustration of an untimely telephone call or wished they could 'hear that song again' while enjoying their favorite program. SKYFi2 addresses these problems simply and elegantly - making it a 'must-have' product for dedicated XM listeners."

The Delphi XM SKYFi2 will be available at most major consumer electronics retailers this fall for $129.99 MSRP. Optional new home and vehicle adaptor kits are also available for $69.99 MSRP.

"We are excited about SKYFi2 because in addition to the pause and replay functions and the personalized stock quotes, XM listeners can customize and access for the first time scores for pro football, baseball, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf, NASCAR, and your favorite college sports while listening to XM," said Dan Murphy, senior vice president, product marketing and distribution, XM Satellite Radio. "These innovations round out the industry's most feature-rich plug and play model available."

Delphi satellite radios have received many industry recognitions, including Roady2, named "Editor's Choice" by PC Magazine in its recent five-star review, as well as the original SKYFi which was recognized by Consumer's Digest as a "Best Buy" - a rating awarded to fewer than three percent of the competing models in any given product category.

About Delphi
Delphi was the first company to integrate a radio into the dashboard in 1936, the first to bring satellite radio to the vehicle in 2001 and the first to bring a portable satellite radio boombox to the market in 2002. Delphi continues to expand its in-vehicle and consumer electronics technologies. Delphi has a broad portfolio of products to answer a wide variety of information and entertainment needs. For more information, visit http://www.delphi.com/media.

About XM Satellite Radio
XM is America's #1 satellite radio service with more than 2.1 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City and Nashville, Tennessee at the Country Music Hall of Fame, XM's 2004 lineup includes more than 120 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: 68 one-hundred-percent commercial-free music channels, featuring hip hop to opera, classical to country, bluegrass to blues; 34 channels of premier sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and 21 channels of the most advanced traffic and weather information for major metropolitan areas nationwide. For more information about XM, visit www.xmradio.com.

This looks like a really cool radio!

Here is a photo that was just sent to me by XM. :D

Attachments

• skyfi2.jpg
    skyfi2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 299
  • skyfi2-big.jpg
    skyfi2-big.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 12,676
Actually I would much rather they announced this. I don't understand why people want that big giant non-integrated thing in their vehicles. I have a Sony XM-ready Head Unit, just waiting to flex its self contained XM muscles :D. I know that you can take it into your house or wherever, but the convience factor (IMHO) does not beat the saftey of a potentially fatal projectile in an accident, nor the steal me cause you know I do have XM not to mention that almost anywhere you mount that thing (one manager at work has an Explorer & another an A4) it will get in the way of somehting else.

Scott Greczkowski said:
...The Delphi XM SKYFi2 takes SKYFi, the best selling satellite radio receiver ever, and makes it even better by adding several new exciting features, including the first-ever "pause" and "replay" functions for satellite radio. Utilizing leading edge technology, the "30 Minute Replay" function continuously and automatically saves the last 30 minutes of programming - including programming from multiple XM channels.

Just wondering if the "buffer" is being done on the XM side and not in the unit itself? I would think this would have to be the case for it to allow 30 minute replay on multiple XM channels. If this is the case then IMHO this would be a great thing - I coulld get out of my car do some errands and then listen to a talk show or whatever I'm listening to as long as it's been less than 1/2 an hour I won't miss anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)