Official theories of the island thread.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Okay so the mystery of Lost is very deep, and it seems to change every week. I have not nor will I say I have a firm grasp on where this show is going, but I will say this, I LOVE reading peoples theories..the best theory I have ever read is created by a user of lost-forum. who goes by the name boxellman. I am not in 100% in line with his theory, and I will tell you the parts I agree with, and have kinda "made my own". if you want to see his theory go here:

Revised :: Garden of Eden / Old Testament Theory :: THE PIECES FIT! - Lost-Forum.com

I am pulling the part out I agree with

The island is actually part of the garden of eden, and the black monster is the serpent in the garden. Now there are other places that are connected from bible times i.e. the temple. He gives the example, ( these his words I am not doing this from memory) There are many reasons I believe this to be true. In season 2, when Eko gets killed by the black smoke monster (aka the Serpent in the Garden of Eden) he confesses all of his sins but one. He is talking to his brother, Yemi, who is taking form of the serpent (black smoke). When he doesn't confess the last sin, Yemi walks into the jungle. Soon after, the black smoke appears and kills Eko. This is because he didn't confess all of his sins. He has been judged. Just like God judged Eve for eating the bad apple from the tree. Soon after this, Locke finds Eko dead along with the "Jesus Stick" with all the scriptures written on it. It also shows a scripture from revelations (this is a HUGE hint, I'll tell you why later). Notice also that the black smoke, or Serpent is only on one part of the island. He rests inside the Garden of Eden, but doesn't seem to bother other parts of the island.
Now for a little more about Eko. The episode for Eko's flashback, revels so much about the show. The episode's name is "Psalms 108". That is the middle verse in the entire bible. On the season 2 DVD box set, it says "The truth will be revealed". Coincidence? "Do not mistake coincidence, for fate" John Locke once said. Here is the verse for Psalms 108:

Psalms 108
Who will bring me into the strong city?
Who will lead me into Eden?

Let's now add up all the numbers that were being broad casted on the radio tower from the island. 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 = 108. Psalms 108. Perhaps that's why these numbers were being broad casted from the island, to lead their way to Eden?

In Christianity (keep in mind, J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof, the creators of LOST are BOTH CHRISTIANS), the Garden of Eden was sealed off by God when Eve sinned. God was angry at Eve and made it impossible for babies to get born in the garden. This way Eve could never have a child as punishment. This explains why it's impossible for babies to be born on the island.

Back to the island once more. Remember in the second episode, Pilot Part 2, John Locke emphasizes the two backgammon pieces, and says "Two players. Two sides. One is light, one is dark." The light side is the believers. The dark side is the non-believers. If you are a Christian, this makes a whole lot of sense to you. If you aren't, this probably won't seem as real as it sounds, you'll have a lot of doubt. Also remember the episode when John Locke goes into the cave and find the two skeletons? He states that the two skeletons are “our very own Adam and Eve ”. He then found two marbles hidden within the skeletons, one is light and one is dark. The light one represents again, good and evil, the believers and the non-believers. Eve sinned. Adam was innocent.

That is the part of his theory I agree with the most. there is alot more to it and some of it dosent fit as he talks about babies not being able to be born on the island, but as we know there are 3 babies that have been born on the island for sure (aaron, Russo's and Bens baby girl alex, and Darhma initives kid we saw this season.)

Also another interesting twist is added when you think of Richard and how he dosent age, did he eat from the tree of life? is that why him and some natives do not age?

again I could go ALL day on this and will add more of my own thoughts later, but right now I want to hear what you have to say and some theories maybe you like or have stumbled across!

I can see this somewhat. The thing about the babies, is that all the babies that were born and lived were not conceived on the island. That's the catch.

yeah so maybe he is right in saying the punishment of eve fits in the whole garden of eden theory, that there can be no conceptions on the island?

Wasn't Ethan conceived on the island?

I don't think it was ever said if he was or not. His mom could have been pregnant when she got there.

After thinking some more, there are holes in his theory. Eve did have children. Remember Cain and Abel. They weren't conceived in the garden though. I also think that God banished them from the garden once they ate the forbidden fruit. I don't think they died there.

The ultrasound proved her child was conceived on the island.

Granted the baby was born off the island.

You are right, but I think that once she left the island, that curse was lifted.

I don't think that it is the Garden of Eden, but there is definitely a biblical theme to the show, so I am sure that the island has something religious about it.

I think it is religious, but not biblical.

Egyptian mythology is what it will all be about

The statue clearly was
the half man half dog Anubis, hence the 4 toes (and he was also pictured in the Smokey chamber)

I also thing Richard Alpert might be
Ra

The island is moving. Maybe it was around Egypt six thousand years ago.

Well, that's my crazy unthoughtout theory based on weak evidence:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)