OFFICIAL Toshiba firmware 1.2 update NOW AVAILABLE!

Yes it is updating now.... 6 minutes and counting... must be fairly large. The screen says updating do not turn off the player is saying UPDATING OPct.

I have a fast internet connection, if you have dialup you might want to order the disk, it could take overnight on dialup.

It's roughly 47MB in size. Even if you burn to CD and update that way, the updating process alone is almost 10 minutes. So the combination of download + update with a direct ethernet connection on the player could easily be 15-20 minutes depending on the speed of your connection...

mike123abc said:
Yes it is updating now.... 6 minutes and counting... must be fairly large. The screen says updating do not turn off the player is saying UPDATING OPct.

I have a fast internet connection, if you have dialup you might want to order the disk, it could take overnight on dialup.

same here :)

Ok I was thinking how large can this file be, I have a 6mbit/sec connection... Well I went to the router and watched the traffic. It is transfering 53,778 bytes/MINUTE! Or 1k/sec or about 9600 baud... Toshiba have a dialup connection? Or is the player just being pokey again? 15 minutes on the update and counting...

I checked again down to 50k/MINUTE... They probably have 1 machine on a T1 doing all the updates... Goaliebob99 getting on with his update stole 3k/Minute from me!

News flash! Well I went upstairs to watch it again (I was downstairs checking out the router). What I thought was OPct was abreviation for percent (%). At the 22 minute mark it now says 50Pct or 50%.

It finished at about 27 minutes 30 seconds. It said finished Vup 1025N goodbye and turned off. The percentage counts up fast at the end, since the first 50% took 22minutes and the last 50% took 5 minutes.

mike123abc said:
It finished at about 27 minutes 30 seconds. It said finished Vup 1025N goodbye and turned off. The percentage counts up fast at the end, since the first 50% took 22minutes and the last 50% took 5 minutes.
Check your version in maintance.

Only disc I had a lockup on (without trying to frame through stuff) was Jarhead, but I do not know if I have the patience to watch it again... Stepping around, FF/Rev/Pause etc enough would lock it up sometimes, hard to reproduce though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts