Offset C-Band dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I have my eye on an offset C-Band dish. I’m not sure if its 1.8 or 2.4 meters. It’s on the roof of a business that is going out of business. It is fiberglass, clearly commercial quality and appears to be solidly built. Are these types of dishes good performers? It looks like the LNB has been removed. Can a standard LNB like the type Sadoun and SatAV sell work on an offset dish.

You'll need a lnb designed for offset dishes, I am assuming it is fiberglass and weighs a ton. Not too much snow trouble in NM, one advantage of an offset. If the price is right, grab it.

You may need a crane to bring it down :D

Actually the building has a small I-beam boom that I plan to use. That will get it in the truck OK. Getting it out of the truck and in it's new home will be a different matter.

1.8m ?

Pictures would help.
If it looks like this 6' Prodelin, then it's not that heavy.
The dish itself is around 100 lbs or so, once removed from the mount.
I've got links to all the manuals, if that's the one.

Pictures would help.
If it looks like this 6' Prodelin, then it's not that heavy.
The dish itself is around 100 lbs or so, once removed from the mount.
I've got links to all the manuals, if that's the one.

That looks like it. The picture from the back looks real close if not exact. As I mentioned before the LNBF is missing though.

Links would be helpful. Thanks.

Those 6' Prodelin dishes easily disassemble into nice manageable pieces and fits nicely in a pickup. It's quite heavy when assembled. Best to have help available.

I use one for C band for 4DTV on AMC18. Currently, I use an LNBF designed for a prime focus dish. It works fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)