OH BABY-- A GREAT PS3 Thanksgiving Offer!!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
N4G.com : Wal-mart employee leaks secret PS3+ Blu-ray movies sale

Walmart giving away 10 FREE BD MOVIES with the purchase of an 80gb PS3 in store at the time of the sale and that does not include the 5 free ones with the mail in!

Man if the other retailers follow suit Sony is gonna have killer sales of the PS3 80gb on Black Friday!!!

I knew the BDA and Sony weren't going to stand around anymore but this is CRAZY!!:D

Yeah we have been talking about this over at the Cheapassgamer forum for a few days now and didn't believe it at first but we seem to have confirmed it over a few different sources.

This may make me buy one. More for a bluray player/media extender now than game machine now that they will be offering divx support.

Sounds like a deal to me.

While I admit this is a great deal, let us keep it in perspective:
1) What are these movies titles? What if they all suck, with titles like "Ernest Goes to Camp"?
2) This assumes the consumer is willing to put up with the 70 decibels of fan noise the PS3 puts out while watching movies. Not to mention the 5,000 BTUs of heat.
3) The ad states "minimum 2 per store"... uh-huh, good luck wrestling with alll the toothless white trash and ghetto fabulous folks (let's hope they have a metal detector at the store).

While I admit this is a great deal, let us keep it in perspective:
1) What are these movies titles? What if they all suck, with titles like "Ernest Goes to Camp"?
2) This assumes the consumer is willing to put up with the 70 decibels of fan noise the PS3 puts out while watching movies. Not to mention the 5,000 BTUs of heat.
3) The ad states "minimum 2 per store"... uh-huh, good luck wrestling with alll the toothless white trash and ghetto fabulous folks (let's hope they have a metal detector at the store).

Did you read the article?

1. it's any 10 in the store priced under $30 each. For me that is about 50 movies to chose from ranging from new-release to initial releases

2. 70 decidbel? is this a meter you used? Cause 70 decibels is actually kind of loud if you know the scale. I would say my PS3's are more like 20-30 decibels when fan is kicked on high. Some are different, I am just speaking of my two units (which run F@H most of the time so they get warm)
Decibel Levels of Common Sounds
Heat, yes, it puts out heat, which in the winter is a nice addition to the house for me. In the summer, well, I had no issues with my inital model and I don't suspect any issues with my new one either.

3. Not a high opinion of walmart clientele eh? I guess cause I shopped there for the HD-A2 and got some HD-DVD's and BD discs there this year, I must be ghetto-fabulous, toothless piece of trash who has spent all my money on HD-TV's and games while my kids starve.... Cmon seriously, let's not start grouping everyone into large societal stereotypes.

It would be nice to have movies in both formats.

I wish Paramount would release movies on Blu-Ray format.

Walmart is not clearing out stock -- they are just haveing a huge PS3 sale and they are bringing in more titles for the sale. They are also putting BD titles in Walmarts that currently do not sale them so the consumer will have something to chose from. If Walmart hits this right they will do okay. And they must be getting some kind of kick back because nobody gives away $270 worth of product for nothing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts