OH NO ! - - This BUD becomes a Gazebo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wheres the webpage showing how to use a pizza dish to cook a pizza with it??

What a waste of a BEAUTIFUL USEFUL DEVICE.

C-Bandgazebo? I don't like it. (moment of silence)

My sons high school put hundreds of little tiny square mirrors on a dish 500 and made a solar powered coffee cooker. They put a little can of hot water where the LNB would of went. Kinda cool.

That's funny... I think my destroyed 10' BUD looked better in the yard than that out-of-whack BUDzebo... they better get those roses climbing quick to cover up their crappy construction job...

One of the more intriguing things I've seen done with a BUD is the solar collector... It gets hot enough to heat steel to glowing red.
I've wondered about methods for power generation with such.

I've seen that before and it still sucks to see it

I propose a little preemptive dish rescue. The mesh dishes that disassemble into quadrants take up little room in your basement. I have a bunch of dishes in my basement right now. The time to rescue a BUD is now -- when you don't really need another one. When you really need one they might be mostly gone. That would really suck.

3 local mesh BUDs got away from me this summer. I had spotted them as much as a year ago, always saw them when I drove by -- until the day there was that horrible sinking feeling, when all that's left is a BUD-less pole in the ground.

I'll try not to let that happen again :eek: !

Well even tho it does sux that this bud ended like that, you gotta give it to the person who did this instead of sending it to the scrappers.

I am thinking of creating a liberation army similar to that seen mostly in Europe, but in my case it would be to rescue this poor dishes instead of garden gnomes ¬¬

Code:
http://www.flnjfrance.com/

Who's with me in the ALF?

*Antenna Liberation Force... HAHAHA

:p

M.

Last edited:
I am going against the grain here and say that I like it. The Dish could have been distroyed and gone into a landfill but now its in use and providing the owner some happiness.

Yeah the construction could have been better, but at least its still making someone happy. :)

In the first picture, looks like most of the mesh was gone already out of that one. But, he still should be horse-whipped! LOL

Well - my take on the solar collector was that it was all stick-on mirrors and the dish, mesh, and mount all stays intact, thereby it could still be used as a sat antenna...
If you have a bunch of extra unused BUDs handy, it would seem to be a good use for them while they are sitting 'idle'...
Replace the feed with a heat-electric convertor, snap on your mirror panels, and tune-in to your closest star...
As for the BUDzebo... I dunno... I think it just smells wrong...

I am going against the grain here and say that I like it. The Dish could have been distroyed and gone into a landfill but now its in use and providing the owner some happiness.

Yeah the construction could have been better, but at least its still making someone happy. :)

I don't hate it, but I'm going to need to see it in a finished state to make a final decision. As it stands, it looks like BUD-henge. It needs some furniture and flora.

Here are two photos I shot today of BUDs sacrificed for the cause of yard art.

In other news, I rescued a 5.5 foot KTI BUD today, and inside was an EchoStar LNB. Hah, do I now own a token piece of Charlie's little empire?

Attachments

• bud-art-1.jpg
    bud-art-1.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 285
  • bud-art-2.jpg
    bud-art-2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 249
SpiffWilkie , I'll see your bird feeder and raise you a jaw clamp for those day's when you are getting probed in public.

Attachments

• 30017327-01.jpg
    30017327-01.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 224
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA a junk gazebo!!!!

I reaaaaally dig those photos of them d@mn dishes from Charlie hahaha.

Still... i think the fact DSS was born has created a really united family of feedhunters and overall sat-holics :).

Cheers!

M.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)