Oh what a night.....

chowie1

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Dish told me they would be at my house to install my new dish and 522 between noon - 5pm. After two calls I made to E*, the tech shows up at 6pm. I had taken the entire afternoon off to make sure I was there when they started. It's getting dark and by the time he gets the dish mounted it was pitch black. Come to find out, this is his first day on the job. GREAT! He was in constant contact(Nextel DC) with his co-worker to see how it was going......very slow. Finally another guy comes out because newbie is not clear about the diplexing thing. They finally get the cable run under the deck and the 522 setup in the living room and said they would have to reschedule to finish the bedroom upstairs because........it's too dark and dangerous. That was fine with me because it was already 10pm. That's right 4 hours. I ended up helping the guy run the cable under the deck after he lost his glow stick(cable fisher). At first I had no sympathy for this kid, but he was definitely trying hard and called me Sir. Why do they not come out and do a site survey before doing a job? What should I try to get from Dish for my pain and suffering and hard work?
Picture looks great! Haven't had a chance to use the DVR much, but so far so good.

I had an excustomer get mad because I gave him a 15 minute time frame of when I would get there because I did not know how long it would take me to arrive there (they ended up not paying any of their bills).

I would make them do the install on my schedule not theirs unless they wanted to pay a day's worth of wages that are lost waiting for them particularly if they do not show up. It should be convenient to both the customer and the company not just the company. This is not a one-way street.

If I were you I would tell the company that they should give you a free month of service (credit on your bill) and if that does not work at least a free month or two of movies (HBO or something) without a $5 downgrade fee if you decide you didnt want it after a month. If you push hard enough they will usually do it depending on who you talk to. If one CSR wont do it then hang up and call back again. Make sure its not weeks before he gets back with the second receiver.

It's a 522, so I only need the one receiver, but they need to make an outside penetration to cable the bedroom. They are supposed to be at the house Sunday morning between 8am-noon. I confirmed with dispatch that it is scheduled. Thanks for the tip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)