OK Dirt please respond...

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
We had a receiver disconecetted for a few weeks due to construction. When I got on the phone with the number listed on the screen (**3474) the guy started to hammer me with a DTV sales pitch. This is a number listed on my Dish screen when having technicial difficulty.

WTF? Sorry but we just wanted the reciever re-actactivated, the other ones are fine and when I called the web site number everyting went ok.

This is just wierd

If you've got an exact time I'm sure Dish would love to track him down.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Called 800-333-3474?

DIRT can also deactivate your receiver.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Probably had an embedded phone # for a retailer that offers both services.

Dirt, chat or the regular customer service # will fix you right up.

Don't sit around waiting for Dirt to respond to you. They don't/can't monitor every thread. PM one of them when on duty.

We had a receiver disconecetted for a few weeks due to construction. When I got on the phone with the number listed on the screen (**3474) the guy started to hammer me with a DTV sales pitch. This is a number listed on my Dish screen when having technicial difficulty.

WTF? Sorry but we just wanted the reciever re-actactivated, the other ones are fine and when I called the web site number everyting went ok.

This is just wierd

The Dish number is 800-333-3474.

http://consumerist.com/2009/11/16/directv-marketer-steals-dish-customers-via-800-number-squatting/

“I had to authorize a new Dish receiver. The number on the screen said 1-800-333-DISH. I dialed 1-888-333-DISH. I got a guy that immediately asked for my name, phone number, address, email address, and talked about the new specials that he could give me for being such a loyal customer. I kind of just wanted my receiver authorized. And he says, these are some great deals, and you should get rewarded for being such a loyal customer since you’ve been with Dish Network so long.
Then he says, “if I send you these new boxes out, keep in mind that these are direct Tv boxes…”
It turns out that it was a DirecTV franchise that was capitalizing on people mistaking 1-800-333-DISH for 1-888-333-DISH. They’re not telling people who they are upfront and they’re getting a bunch of information when you’re thinking that you’re talking to a company that you already trust and have an account with. So it really ticked me off. It’s totally uncool. Hopefully you can print this and people won’t get confused anymore.”

A DirecTV marketer has bought 888-333-3474. Bet you accidentally called that number, or something that did not start with 800-

This is just wierd

The others have already hit the head on the nail, but I can get the receiver re-authorized. Just send me a PM with the receiver #! If you can also provide the phone # you saw on the screen, I can check it out further also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)