OK, final Rcvr input

I am getting ready to retire the HDDVD player just because I never use it. Time to move it to another room. I think you can put the Laser Disc up until the Smithsonian needs one;)

I am getting ready to retire the HDDVD player just because I never use it. Time to move it to another room. I think you can put the Laser Disc up until the Smithsonian needs one;)

Actually, I still use all three on a regular basis. I still have on the order of 600 laserdiscs, and watch them. I slowly replace them when it makes sense, but I wasn't one of the fanatics who had to liquidate immediately. For example, I skipped the Star Wars DVDs and stay with the definitive edition laserdisc for now. About the time I was considering upgrading, the high def came along. I'm waiting for BluRay now, but if all Lucas offers is his "improved" versions, I'll still keep the LDs active.

I've bought a fair number of HD-DVDs at the fire sales, and the quality is comparable to my BR stuff. I currently only have a dozen BR discs, so if I want to watch something, I am as likely to go back a generation or two.

Yes, the laserdiscs are starting to get painful to watch, and I find I am going there less often. There are also titles that I have never found elsewhere, and for that reason, it will stay hooked up awhile longer. I went and hooked it to the front panel aux.

Out of curiousity, what's the pq of ld compare too?

significantly better than VHS, significantly worse than DVD.
Laserdisc is an analog video format and is laid on the disc as a composite signal, so you are bandwidth limited by the chroma subcarrier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)