Ok Gang... I am coming to the D* (ark side)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have decide to vote with my pocket and let go of E*. The HD feed to the YES Network did it for me. I am also getting the HDTivo so I am hoping for a whole lot from D* in the coming year. :D

You won't regret it Sean! I have loved the year and month we've had D*. Things actually WORK with D*.

Sean Mota said:
I have decide to vote with my pocket and let go of E*. The HD feed to the YES Network did it for me. I am also getting the HDTivo so I am hoping for a whole lot from D* in the coming year. :D

Are you keeping Voom?

Welcome Mr. Satellite Guy of the Year to the dark side. I think you'll REALLY enjoy the HR10-250 and it might explane why folks like me wouldn't consider going with V* without having one there.

What package are you getting SEan, also is there a deal out there for hd equipment, if not how much will you have to pay.

Sean Mota said:

::Goes and checks the calendar to make sure it is not April 1::

I still don't believe it! :D

squicken said:
Was it more the HDTivo or YES-HD?

YESHD. I wouldn't have done it without it. I love baseball and I hoping that EI gets more but YESHD will keep me busy for a while.

neo0285 said:
What package are you getting SEan, also is there a deal out there for hd equipment, if not how much will you have to pay.

I am getting TC Premium... I am getting 1 HDTIVO, 2 HD Receivers and 4 SD Receivers. Basically, I have replaced my entire E* and Cable bills. Expensive... PM if you want to know.

Carter said:
::Goes and checks the calendar to make sure it is not April 1::

I still don't believe it! :D

I can't believe myself but I became very dissappointed with E* plans which did not include HD channels or SD channels like YES. I paid for YES alone to Cable and stuck with E* for almost two years waiting for them to add it. I've got tired of waiting and paying two bills.

Some customers are fine with E* plans but I was not. I have nothing against anyone remaining with them. I am hoping that D* brings more HD because that's what I am all about. Also, I carried six receivers with E* and I wanted to add another one but they would not allow me to do it. With D* it was as easy as pie.

Sean, perhaps you can post a side by side comparison on what "hdtv light" on d* looks like compared to v* and e* . So we can once and for all tell if what D* is doing to hdtv is really noticable

Yes, I am quite intested in a comparison of E* HDnetmovies vs D* HDnetmovies. Then perhaps ESPNHD and HBOHD accross all 3 systems

Never thought I'd see the day when Mr. "Voom...Resistance is futile" joins the crowd.

Welcome and please let us know if we can assist you in anyway. :)

Don't read much into it. This is a personal reason. I am consolidating two $100+ bills into one.

Ok Gang...I am coming to the D* (ark side)

Sean Mota said:

Au Contraire, Sean, you are actually walking into the light!

I've had both E*, now D*. Both are good, better than most cable companies. The biggest difference(s) IMO are that D* seems more committed to providing (and expanding) HD programming and D* receivers (both SD and HD) are more stable and dependable.

carefull of that train behind the light Sean. Sorry I couldnt resist. Just jkn guys. I would consider D* again too if they rented the DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)