Ok Gang... I am coming to the D* (ark side)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have decide to vote with my pocket and let go of E*. The HD feed to the YES Network did it for me. I am also getting the HDTivo so I am hoping for a whole lot from D* in the coming year. :D

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
You won't regret it Sean! I have loved the year and month we've had D*. Things actually WORK with D*.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Sean Mota said:
I have decide to vote with my pocket and let go of E*. The HD feed to the YES Network did it for me. I am also getting the HDTivo so I am hoping for a whole lot from D* in the coming year. :D

Are you keeping Voom?

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Welcome Mr. Satellite Guy of the Year to the dark side. I think you'll REALLY enjoy the HR10-250 and it might explane why folks like me wouldn't consider going with V* without having one there.

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2004
What package are you getting SEan, also is there a deal out there for hd equipment, if not how much will you have to pay.

Carter

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 28, 2004
Glendale, AZ
Sean Mota said:

::Goes and checks the calendar to make sure it is not April 1::

I still don't believe it! :D

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
squicken said:
Was it more the HDTivo or YES-HD?

YESHD. I wouldn't have done it without it. I love baseball and I hoping that EI gets more but YESHD will keep me busy for a while.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
neo0285 said:
What package are you getting SEan, also is there a deal out there for hd equipment, if not how much will you have to pay.

I am getting TC Premium... I am getting 1 HDTIVO, 2 HD Receivers and 4 SD Receivers. Basically, I have replaced my entire E* and Cable bills. Expensive... PM if you want to know.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Carter said:
::Goes and checks the calendar to make sure it is not April 1::

I still don't believe it! :D

I can't believe myself but I became very dissappointed with E* plans which did not include HD channels or SD channels like YES. I paid for YES alone to Cable and stuck with E* for almost two years waiting for them to add it. I've got tired of waiting and paying two bills.

Some customers are fine with E* plans but I was not. I have nothing against anyone remaining with them. I am hoping that D* brings more HD because that's what I am all about. Also, I carried six receivers with E* and I wanted to add another one but they would not allow me to do it. With D* it was as easy as pie.

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Sean, perhaps you can post a side by side comparison on what "hdtv light" on d* looks like compared to v* and e* . So we can once and for all tell if what D* is doing to hdtv is really noticable

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Yes, I am quite intested in a comparison of E* HDnetmovies vs D* HDnetmovies. Then perhaps ESPNHD and HBOHD accross all 3 systems

Ncc1701

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 22, 2004
Never thought I'd see the day when Mr. "Voom...Resistance is futile" joins the crowd.

Welcome and please let us know if we can assist you in anyway. :)

tds4182

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
Kingwood,Texas
Ok Gang...I am coming to the D* (ark side)

Sean Mota said:

Au Contraire, Sean, you are actually walking into the light!

I've had both E*, now D*. Both are good, better than most cable companies. The biggest difference(s) IMO are that D* seems more committed to providing (and expanding) HD programming and D* receivers (both SD and HD) are more stable and dependable.

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
carefull of that train behind the light Sean. Sorry I couldnt resist. Just jkn guys. I would consider D* again too if they rented the DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)