OK, here we go -- Anything added today?

mattopia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Parma, OH
There HAS to be one, so here it is. :)

Anyone think anything will be added today? Scott did mention a "gut feeling" in the Monday night chat...

Wait... Jim said clearly (at the beginning of the chat) something like "you (Charlie) have already talked about HD launching this week"... and went on to talk some more about more HD channels in the future. That's when they showed the slides with the potential future HD additions. I rewinded several times to make sure I was hearing it right. Jim did say it. I did not catch Charlie saying anything though.

I have been reading all these postings and bets in the past, without commenting. Today, I think I'm jumping in the pool with (wishful thinking) USA and Sci-Fi at least. It is early and I have not had enough coffee, I can always blame it on still being sleepy and day-dreaming...

I doubt it... BUT part me me wonders if we'll get a small bone thrown after the charlie chat to tie us over until eastern arc is up and running. If I had to guess there's a chance something might happen today, if it does not we'll have to wait until May.

I don't see them adding anything until they have a group of them to add at the same time. Adding one or two is just not the way to make a splash for anyone claiming to be the HD leader.

The new sat launches on Fri so wouldn't they wait for that to be up and running. They did say a bunch of HD channels would be added by summer so I wouldn't expect any till mid April at the earliest.

Wait... Jim said clearly (at the beginning of the chat) something like "you (Charlie) have already talked about HD launching this week"... and went on to talk some more about more HD channels in the future. ...

Is that to mean HD is launching this week or it was talked about launching this week?:)

They all cringe whenever Charlie is talking because his reality doesn't always coincide with Dish's.

There is a retailer chat scheduled for Noon Today... :)

Also remember Wednesday uplinks do not happen until around 1:30PM ET so anything is possible. :)

My gut feeling was correct about them announcing new HD on the Charlie Chat...

But my gut is also telling me to expect SOME new HD over the next few weeks. :D

However it would not surprise me if we saw nothing today as well.

I think SciFiHD and USAHD uplinks are still showing a slate so unlikely they will go live today.

Let's all hope Scott's gut feeling is correct and not just an indigestion...
smile.gif

I have said it in the pub members area, but will say it here. I expect most of the new HD on or around May 7th.

However I do expect a few channels that are not dependent on 61.5 to be available before then, possibly in the next few weeks.

I am not expecting anything today. CSTV will be renamed CBSCS, FSNY will be renamed MSG+ and other then that I dont see anything else interesting.

Wait... Jim said clearly (at the beginning of the chat) something like "you (Charlie) have already talked about HD launching this week"... and went on to talk some more about more HD channels in the future. That's when they showed the slides with the potential future HD additions. I rewinded several times to make sure I was hearing it right. Jim did say it. I did not catch Charlie saying anything though.

I have been reading all these postings and bets in the past, without commenting. Today, I think I'm jumping in the pool with (wishful thinking) USA and Sci-Fi at least. It is early and I have not had enough coffee, I can always blame it on still being sleepy and day-dreaming...

The "launch" quote ("we have a launch this week") was referring to the AMC-14 launch, not any new channels.

They should have a plan "b" in place if something happens to this sat. launch. If all goes well with this launch Friday then probably look for some new stuff the next few weeks. Probably would not be too smart to launch any hd before the success of the sat. launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)