Ok, I am officially confused on the Pansat 9200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
So the Pansat 9200 has two options for DVB-S2?

So one option is the Illuminati Board which I believe does 8PSK Turbo?

The other option is the factory upgrade to get ordinary 8PSK?

Is that correct?

Also, the 9200 will display H.264 signals and regular 4:2:0 signals, but won't display 4:2:2?

The 9200 is supposed to have blind scan (smart scan). Does it blind scan DVB-S2 8PSK signals too?

I read the review in our equipment review section, and have been reading about most of the HD models currently available.

Has anyone heard anything further about the Passion? Will it make it's debut before the Second Coming?

Thanks for your help?

Well I hope you get your answers. I am waiting to buy my Pansat 9200 until I get some more information as well because it is looking like this may fulfill just about all the requirements for an "all in one" solution.

you need the board to do 8PSK...if I remember right, there might be 2 boards out there. 8PSK Turbo is what Dsh uses for their HD channels.

Also, the 9200 will display H.264 signals and regular 4:2:0 signals, but won't display 4:2:2?
correct on all 3

The 9200 is supposed to have blind scan (smart scan). Does it blind scan DVB-S2 8PSK signals too?
I don't think it does. I never had the board in mine so I dont know
Has anyone heard anything further about the Passion? Will it make it's debut before the Second Coming?

seriously I think its vapourware. The last thing I heard was mid May was almost a sure thing. Well we're one day from July and still nothing

Is that correct?

I read the review in our equipment review section, and have been reading about most of the HD models currently available.

Thanks for your help?

1. Not quite...
2. The Illumi bord is for Dish network only as it only gets turbo 8psk. Its the hackers tool.
3. Correct. It does not decode 4:2:2, but does mpeg 4.
4. I dont know yet as I havent had a chance to test it as Im waiting to get back into my apartment this week. I can tell you in a couple of weeks when I install my board.

Nothing about the passion, im not holding my breath either.

Thanks Guys for the answers.

Which only brings more questions. :)

Are there hopes of a software upgrade for displaying 4:2:2?

So if I spring for one of these baby's, I might as well spring for the factory 8PSK board too?

I have been hoarding my money to buy a Passion if it ever comes out and have been using my Twinhan 1020 very effectively, but it would be nice to have a blind-scanning 8PSK receiver STB that hopefully would have 4:2:2 in it's future.

I think it might be time to pull the trigger. :D

Fred, I don't have a 9200, but from what I've read, it will Blind Scan, but it won't Blind Scan the DVB-S2 stuff. I'm sure they are working on that...? At least I hope they are..!!
I ordered one this past Thursday, it's scheduled to be delivered today, so maybe I can give you a definite answer before dark..??? What pushed me over, was them getting the PVR function working (at least I think it's working, all I've seen is a report for the software, no one has reported they have it in use). And I've been told that it does the 1.1 Diseqc Commands, which I'm very much into. I sure hope it does, because I have not seen (or at least it hasn't registered in my thick/dense mind) 1.1 commands in any specs that I've read for the 9200..? I also want a set-top box for DVB-S2, I have a Technotrend TT3200 PCI card, but I just don't care for Computer Satellite tv, when I can use a set-top box. I'm very lazy, and want the easiest solution possible.......

Fred, I don't have a 9200, but from what I've read, it will Blind Scan, but it won't Blind Scan the DVB-S2 stuff. I'm sure they are working on that...? At least I hope they are..!!
I ordered one this past Thursday, it's scheduled to be delivered today, so maybe I can give you a definite answer before dark..??? What pushed me over, was them getting the PVR function working (at least I think it's working, all I've seen is a report for the software, no one has reported they have it in use). And I've been told that it does the 1.1 Diseqc Commands, which I'm very much into. I sure hope it does, because I have not seen (or at least it hasn't registered in my thick/dense mind) 1.1 commands in any specs that I've read for the 9200..? I also want a set-top box for DVB-S2, I have a Technotrend TT3200 PCI card, but I just don't care for Computer Satellite tv, when I can use a set-top box. I'm very lazy, and want the easiest solution possible.......
Hey Al.

I had read here that the software has been released for the PVR functionality which is nice. From what I have read, it does not do Diseqc 1.1, but from what you say, it might do that now.

I'm like you, why would they have a blind scanning receiver that wouldn't blind-scan DVB-S2? Hope it is in the future along with 4:2:2 display ability. It is a lot of money to spend especially with the DVB-S2 board. Maybe I can find a good deal somewhere. :D

Hi Fred, I'm still playing around with mine. Got it before 2pm eastern and done some reading in the Manual. Started hooking it up to be a slave (about 3:30pm) while I get some time getting used to it. I see the post that it has 1.1, but mine don't, mine is version 1211, so I'll do an update later. It won't "Smart Scan" the DVB-S2 channels, hopefully they are working on that.
When I first started playing, I tried out the S2 channels on G5 and T6, already programmed in the receiver, they work great. Then I started on the Terrestrial part of it. I messed with it for 45 minutes or so and couldn't get any channels to show up. It had a good signal and quality, but I couldn't get anything. I tried both the Automatic Scan and the Manual Scan, and nothing. Plenty of signal, just no picture. I finally said to heck with this and went back to Satellite. Now it's telling me no signal, but the Master receiver is working fine. I scratched my head a little and tried different scans, but no signal. I went to a different satellite and still get no signal, then on to another and another. What the heck have I done...? Then I tried the Power Button, cut it Off, then On. When it booted up, everything is working again. That sure had me worried..!!! Then back to the Terrestrial section and I get channels.... Hurrah...!!!!! It works. When I got through with my OTA, I took a break to eat. Now I'm scanning across the Arc, starting at W7 and heading east. I got as far as G1 and started watching tv, I've got 38 OTA and 28 C-Band S and 34 DVB-S2 channels, so far. This could take a while........? And I may not do any more tonight.
Another thing, I think the 9200 is considerably slower than the 3500, at scanning....?

Well that's another plus in it's favor.

The 3500 won't even do diseqc 1.1.

It does now! Just downloaded the latest version for the 3500, haven't tried it (don't think I can use it with the way I have my system set up, and since it is working well, don't really want to screw it up). Pansat has been busy.

It does now! Just downloaded the latest version for the 3500, haven't tried it (don't think I can use it with the way I have my system set up, and since it is working well, don't really want to screw it up). Pansat has been busy.

Thanks Keith,

I'll have to check it out. Course I'm like you and have everything set for the moment, but all that can change. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)