Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok i have determened that im going to get a 30 in dish. A motor and a pole mount... and mount that sucker somewhere.... What do i need.? and how much...... Im getting tired of not seeing anything..

You have a superdish and still not getting anything?
Do you have a signal meter?
I have not played with the cards so I can't get into details with reguards to the card.

Do you have an old Dish Network receiver you can use for pointing the dish?

Sorry if I miss read your other posts.

I got the promo channel... yes i do have a satbuddy.. but no idea witch bird im pointing to now useing the 121 lnbf.... trying to point to 96 orbital location.... Intel sat i think just to pick up some feeds.. but i need the pid from whatever bird im on to findout where im at

Bob
From your other thread, you have a Superdish and a Dish300 at 61.5, right?

Here are some live unencrypted channels…see if you can get those first

61.5-Int’l promo channel
12326 H 20000 (frequency, polarity, symbol rate)
LO Frequency 11250

110-PPV preview channel
12530 H 20000 (frequency, polarity, symbol rate)
LO frequency 11250

119-NASA
12297 H 20000

Dish Network 101
12370 V 20000
LO frequency 11250

121-Superdish 121 screen
12074 V 20000
LO frequency 10750

If your superdish is set up at the right spots, these should fall into place

so far were able to get the 61.5 promo chan.... the 121 super dish chan.. and a chinese chan.. Mannn this is totaly makin me want to go buy antother dish.. The weird thing was that the only prog that seems to work the best so far is home theatere. picked up everything.. this visiondtv would be great if it had a blind scan option. I just dont get why these card companys dont include that as a part of there software. It would be great.. I just wish i knew what birds I was pointing at earlyer. or a way to get the info of the sat to find out so i can set the program's settings correct.

ohyea one more thing and this is buggin me.. i know that there are 32 transponders on the sat but why is it only leting me do some but not all. it will do up to 27 i think or so. like if the settings were from the dark ages?

You might just need a bigger dish. Sadoun has a wave frontier dish. It holds up to 16 lnb's. There is a T55 and a T90. If your having trouble with the smaller dishes then you should try the T90. The prices on shipping is a little steap, but ive never heard anyone complain about its performance. And if you ever wanted to get into FTA this is a good dish to do both fta and dish since it can hold up to 16 lnbs. Just make sure that if you were to get it you would need to reversed polarity lnbs to get the dishnetwork. Just an idea. :)

Ok now i have seen all that dbs offers... goldberg.. Where do i point my super dish to to get some free channels other than dish.. (aka i think this is where i need the 2nd dish..) (or in my case 3rd dish LOL)

Try G10R at 123W. It's Ku like 121 on Dish seems to be. Just a nudge west of 121 and whatever settings / setup you used for the SuperDish to see the channels on 121 just might work.

The Tube is on Tp2 (11720 H)

A motorized 30" would be a great start to see what all is out there. If you want to use a blindscan reciever and need to be able to record or screen grab on your PC, get a TV tuner card and watch via that. I know - lots more $$ that way!

If you just want to add a motorized dish, there are bunches of deals on Dish / motor / LNBs well under $200.

Ebay Deal for good dish, good LNB, SG2100 that everyone loves:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32848&item=5774463427&rd=1

If you'd rather work witha dealer and get some support, Sadoun has the Fortec 31" dish, Fortec LNB, and the SMD312 motor which is similar to the SG2100 for $175 less the SG discount :).

Don't forget Pete @PSB . He has the Winegard 30", ASC32s LNB and SG2100 for $186 to your door.

Shawn

goaliebob99 said:
ohyea one more thing and this is buggin me.. i know that there are 32 transponders on the sat but why is it only leting me do some but not all. it will do up to 27 i think or so. like if the settings were from the dark ages?

You should be able to put all 32 TP's in the system...remember some are spotbeams. 119 as an example, I cant see 1,3,5,7,9 since they are spotbeams

goaliebob99 said:
tranp 11 on 119 has 40!!!!!!!! OMG :eek:

nope. What happens is the audio channels are mapped at 2, sometimes 3 locations
(I know they map to 950-982 and up in the 98XX area. Its just one stream

Normal TP is 12 video...audio is roughly 6-7 audio for 1 video channel so if there is 10 video & 14 audio, that bugger is PACKED!

(sorry BOB. I hit "edit" instead of quote so thats why it says I edited your post)

I allready have a tv card that im going to use in the puter... I think what i am going to do is get the motorized mount and all for now... (and maybe invest in a reciver while im at it.. ) and i should be all set.. I think the reason why im having problems with the 121 uber dish is cauz its specifically set for echostar.. Cant think of any other resons why. I just wish that there was a way to catch the sat information so i know for sure what sat im looking at!

Thats what Positive Identification Meters are for ;) Unfortunately, they are all $300+

These include the Birdog, and Sathawk 3000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts