ok santas coming help me pic receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

queeny

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
south carolina
ok loved your title bought helping newbies I will say been asking lots ? in here and most been real nice .Have had 1or2 kinda well you know.my ? is this i,m gonna buy me a receiver for fta from what I understand mine may no be the best got in sale (viewsat ultra2000) I have the motor 36in dish incom lnb{2ls__2cs hh motor.What is a real good reciver very easy to use I,m a old fart dumb as rock haha need the best easy way out would like to be able to get all on fta thanks for your time Rob:0):eek:

I found that Ultra to be a fairly good blind-scanning receiver, but I never had it hooked up to a motor. Used it for about 2yrs, and other than not having the most sensitive tuner in it, seemed to work pretty well. I liked the menu structure once I got used to it, and learned where everything was. If you want one with a little better tuner in it, that's easy to use I'd suggest the Fortec Dynamic (used to be called the Mercury 2). I use one every day, and it's hard to mess up with it, haha. It's not an HD receiver but has a good blind scan and doesn't lock up if it happens to find an HD feed like some simpler boxes might do.
If you weren't so far off I'd come help you out with your setup, been following your posts.

1 are you a sports fan / nut ?

2 how much $ can you spend ?

3 do you want need HD ?

4 are you thinking about getting a c-band dish ?

if you answered yes to any of 1,3,4
and have $300 give or take $50 get a azbox.
good luck

can you tell me how to add a sat that is not on list in receiver, been trin can,t figure out how to do thanks for your help

mad world do like sports would like to just get any locales, movies, old shows if possible and to get my dish to move haha maybe one day I,ll figure that out haha

queeny to add a new satellite in VS Ultra, I'll try to do it from memory (don't have VS anymore)
Menu=scroll right go down to 2nd option in the right column, I think that actually says channel scan, hit ok. Then you scroll down to the last option in THAT list, and it high-lights the bottom row of symbols, start scrolling to the right-ONE of those symbols will say ADD SAT, hit ok.
Once you add it, it will call it New Satellite, hit exit, then scroll right one more time, the next symbol highlighted says Rename Satellite. You use that and can name the new satellite anything you want.
Now, if you use a motor, you probably need to go into the motor control screen to activate that new satellite, and set the orbital location for it.
Hope that much helps=the option to add/rename is well hidden in the menu but it IS there!

There is a store here in Miami, FL selling AZBOX HD Elite with DVB-S & S2 for $242.00 I also saw them on Ebay, but after scanning sats now that I have the real estate space again, I would definetly go with the AZBOX. Lots of reviews on this forum.

The Viewsat Ultra is one of the best I have ever used a motor on. I now use the Pansat 9200HD, for the need of High Def.

If you are having trouble learning the Viewsat, getting a AZBOX HD might be tough for you from what I heard. If I had extra money for a extra box I would like one for myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)